Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
ms_gnabi
ms_gnabi began at the beginning.

Device: smartphone
help! calibre metadata

when I download metadata on calbre it changes but when i use the e-book viewer and check the metadata there, it hasnt changed at all. what do i do to fix it?
ms_gnabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_gnabi View Post
when I download metadata on calbre it changes but when i use the e-book viewer and check the metadata there, it hasnt changed at all. what do i do to fix it?
The Library copy has not been updated (copies sent to devices get modified on the fly)

Modify EPUB plugin for the non-invasive way

Or convert the book, even if it is EPUB->EPUB (note there can be side effects this way)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
ms_gnabi

how do i do this? thanks a lot for your help
Old 03-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

how do i do this? thanks a lot for your help
1st: Install the Plugin

2nd: then configure (use 'save' if you want to do this way frequently) a) to Insert or Replace Cover b)Add/Replace metadata Jacket c)Update metadata
3) run it (click OK)
Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

2nd: then configure (use 'save' if you want to do this way frequently) a) to Insert or Replace Cover b)Add/Replace metadata Jacket c)Update metadata
3) run it (click OK)
You are forgetting now calibre has the ability to update metadata using polish book option. So metadata can be updated without the modify epub plugin. Although I still use it as well
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
You are forgetting now calibre has the ability to update metadata using polish book option. So metadata can be updated without the modify epub plugin. Although I still use it as well
I tried 'Polish'. I seem to like the results of 'Modify' better.
Nothing was broken or caused an error using Polish, just a my bias
Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #7
ms_gnabi

Quote:

3) run it (click OK)

where do i download it from?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
where do i download it from?
Preferences: Get plugins: (Not installed)
Old 03-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
ms_gnabi

Quote:
Preferences: Get plugins: (Not installed)

thank you so much!

Last edited by ms_gnabi; 03-17-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Tags
calibre, change, metadata