Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #46
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
I bought the eBookwise-1150 three years ago on the recommendation of a website. Last year, I bought the PRS-505 because I wanted the longer battery life and the ability to have more books on the device. I do most of my reading on the 505. I use the eBookwise for times when I'm in badly-lit spots--long car trips at night, late-night reading, etc.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #47
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Lilly is evil! I only have one, a kindle, and was thinking about getting a 505 just to get library books. Then Lilly starts up this thread, and it turns out lots of people have 2, 3, even 6! The red one calls to me, as well. Off to Target I go!! Debra

Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #48
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, I only need one. The clevnet library and NYPL have all the books I will ever want. Just have to save up money for the NYPL........

I just hope my Kindle won't 'explode' with all the books I plan to download...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #49
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Lilly is evil! I only have one, a kindle, and was thinking about getting a 505 just to get library books. Then Lilly starts up this thread, and it turns out lots of people have 2, 3, even 6! The red one calls to me, as well. Off to Target I go!! Debra

NOOOOO!!!!! We must resist gadgets. Just think of little Sydney, Mom. Don't give away his tuition money to the sources of all evil (i.e., gadget peddlers)!

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #50
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I'm tempted to buy a Cybook for content that's only available as secure mobipocket.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #51
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
NOOOOO!!!!! We must resist gadgets. Just think of little Sydney, Mom. Don't give away his tuition money to the sources of all evil (i.e., gadget peddlers)!

Ignore the dog, mom. If little sydney wants to go to college, he/she can just get out there and work his/her way thru.

Get your readers, get your read hot readers HERE.......

Have some bacon, doggie. Yummmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bacon.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	21866  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #52
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast
TwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litterTwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I only have my one 505. If I could manage to save up enough for another one I would buy one and get my mom into the ebook generation. I know doesn't make as much sense for her as it does for me since she doesn't tend to read books over again like I do. I still want to be able to get her one though since we do read a lot. She buys books only to have them read once or maybe twice. So I want to be able to get her a reader where she can get all her new books and not worry about the waste of paper just sitting on all our shelves. Course I don't think I could get rid of any of the ones I have now... considering my mother reads some of them here and there. It would be a start though if I had two readers. Try to get her in the game and hope she would get hooked to it like me.

I personally just like being able to stay warm in my covers while still being able to read. I tend to read big books and you always have to have an arm out of the covers to hold the pages down and to turn the pages.. ebook readers solve that issue very well.
TwiSteDCBloSsoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #53
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
6 ebooks:
Lucky you!
Wait until the Plastic reader comes out in 2010,or the epapyrus or whatever, with color display (in the likes of Gameboy SP screen without backlight).

I bet you won't last 1 year! There are some nice inventions coming!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #54
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
I have long way to get to 6. Only 3 now, Sony 505, 700, iLiad 2nd edition.
I started with Sony 500 as my first eInk device, mid 2007. I loved the size but didn't like technical pdf books on it. In few months after that I got the iLiad, perfect for large pdf. This year Sony was stolen, together with a laptop and other gadgets. After I got the insurance check, Sony 505 was purchased. In November my plan was to get the 700 and sell 505. I did the first part but couldn't force myself to sell 505. Now I lend it to my friends to promote eInk technology. 700 is my main device, great size for reading in trains. iLiad is also with me all the time, just in case I want to read on larger size.

My 5 years old Dell Axim V50 has now officially retired, I used it for years before first Sony.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #55
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Depending on how you look at it...

...either I haven't yet been convinced to buy even one (dedicated) reader...

...or I already have 3 readers: My PC, my laptop, and my PDA; and I haven't had a good reason to add to those.

Of course, when color e-ink is available... even this may change.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #56
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Depending on how you look at it...

...either I haven't yet been convinced to buy even one (dedicated) reader...

...or I already have 3 readers: My PC, my laptop, and my PDA; and I haven't had a good reason to add to those.

Of course, when color e-ink is available... even this may change.
I do count my PDA. And I'm waiting for a touch screen version. I could go for the Iliad (and I have been hovering over that "order now" button several times), but it's "old" already so, I'll just wait for the latest generation touch screens to show up.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #57
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
6 ebooks:
Lucky you!
Wait until the Plastic reader comes out in 2010,or the epapyrus or whatever, with color display (in the likes of Gameboy SP screen without backlight).

I bet you won't last 1 year! There are some nice inventions coming!
Oh man, now that I'm known as the guy with 6 readers, I am going to try really, really hard to resist any new readers for a while. I think I can tough it out a year. I hope!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #58
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
This thread ought to be re-titled :

You got an ereader?; go out and buy a second and help the World's economies .... even better, buy a third....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #59
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Oh man, now that I'm known as the guy with 6 readers, I am going to try really, really hard to resist any new readers for a while. I think I can tough it out a year. I hope!
Hey tsgreer, I talked (PMed) a guy (went by the name Doc) in east Tennessee who said he had 2 Iliads (one of each type), 4 PRS-505's (one of each color) and a Cybook (or maybe it was 2 Cybooks). Even with just one Cybook, he has you beat.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #60
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Hey tsgreer, I talked (PMed) a guy (went by the name Doc) in east Tennessee who said he had 2 Iliads (one of each type), 4 PRS-505's (one of each color) and a Cybook (or maybe it was 2 Cybooks). Even with just one Cybook, he has you beat.
Wow, he sure does have me beat. Just the having 2 Iliads makes him braver (and a good deal richer) than me! That is a whole lotta ebookin' right there.

Glad to hear that someone's Ereader sickness is worse than mine! Yay!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote