Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #226
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Hi =

Does anyone know if this root works with aura hd?
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #227
bulnes123
bulnes123 doesn't litterbulnes123 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Hi =

Does anyone know if this root works with aura hd?
I have tried it and it doesn't work. Someone was working on that but so far no news
bulnes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #228
phj
phj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AuraHD
AuraHD android

Some experience and news regarding the HD:
The image produced by Marek works on auraHD with some flash surgery, namely you need to retain the original image uboot,serial#,HW_CONFIG,waveform,etc stuff located in the beginning of the flash and change just the kernel uImage. In this case (maybe with minor modifications in the *.rc files, not remember exactly) the image is running!!
The display is perfect , bootanimation and all the screen seems to be good in full resolution. The strange part is the IR touch: the coordinates are swapped in both x-y and x right-left direction. Yes, it can be easily modify and I'm already done ( Beware: the kernel must be from naberius.de, it contains all the resolution changes we need and MUST be compiled with specific 4.4.3 toolchain as I see ). After that the touch working good, transfer all the points within the resolution (1440x1080) - BUT the system ( maybe the android part) does not allow a point which coordinate greater than approx. 1024, Unfortunatelly this means that the lower part of the screen not touchable - for ex. we have an on-screen keyboard, but can't press a key except from the uppermost line.
I used (because the original u-boot) different flash layout than Marek's Kobo Glo img - 1st partition is the ext4 system, 2nd is the data/cache and third is the w95 one - and it seems that vold not recognize the sdcard partition; both in auto and direct number mode probed in vold.conf.
At the moment we also have no light button as I see, but the power slider works well.
So this means that we will have Android in auraHD - sooner or later.
Anybody can help me to step further solving the touch coordinate problem???

Last edited by phj; 12-30-2013 at 02:46 PM.
phj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:11 AM   #229
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
Fully functional Android 2.3.4 for Kobo Touch (N905C) and Kobo Glo.

What's new:
  • Tolino updated to 1.2.4 (no crashes, English version - but not everything translated, support for dictionaries) and fixed to fit on 800x600 screen (try it and buy Tolino reader or uninstall it - it is a commercial app and you cannot use it - I forbid you!)
  • cleaned up my private data
Dear MarekGibek

Thanks for this great work. Now your system is running on my Glo. I use this reader mainly for learning German, reading German books with the help of various German - English dictionaries. I also use this for reading Japanese books in 6 inch pdf format. For these purposes the Tolino reader works quite well with its dictionary fuctions. But there are two problems with it;
1. The current veriosn on the Glo is 1.2.4 as you stated in the above. If I start to use it, it will automatically try to up-grade itself to 1.3.0 and its download starts, which is immediately followed by an error "Downloading the software-Update was interrupted. Please make sure that your tolino is connected...". I know that you do not want to make us criminals. But how can I test the new verson on my Glo. There are some problems with 1.2.4 and they may have been fixed with 1.3.0.
2. As somebody wrote before, this reader will check SD cards for new books when started or disconnected from PC. Since one of the dictionaries I use have about 6000 text files, they are listed as new books every time when it search books on the SD cards, taking few minutes. Is there any possibility of stopping this search?

I would appreciate it very much, if you could help me with these problems.

takikura
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #230
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by takikura View Post
Dear MarekGibek

Thanks for this great work. Now your system is running on my Glo. I use this reader mainly for learning German, reading German books with the help of various German - English dictionaries. I also use this for reading Japanese books in 6 inch pdf format. For these purposes the Tolino reader works quite well with its dictionary fuctions. But there are two problems with it;
1. The current veriosn on the Glo is 1.2.4 as you stated in the above. If I start to use it, it will automatically try to up-grade itself to 1.3.0 and its download starts, which is immediately followed by an error "Downloading the software-Update was interrupted. Please make sure that your tolino is connected...". I know that you do not want to make us criminals. But how can I test the new verson on my Glo. There are some problems with 1.2.4 and they may have been fixed with 1.3.0.
2. As somebody wrote before, this reader will check SD cards for new books when started or disconnected from PC. Since one of the dictionaries I use have about 6000 text files, they are listed as new books every time when it search books on the SD cards, taking few minutes. Is there any possibility of stopping this search?

I would appreciate it very much, if you could help me with these problems.

takikura
You could put the dictionary behind a hidden folder (one that has a name that starts with a dot/period like - ".folder") as long as it is called directly in the code, it should work, even though you won't see it listed in a file browser. With any luck they would not be seen by the new book processing code.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #231
alikayn
alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alikayn understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: kindle
Kobo Arc bluetooth support?

I have a Kobo Arc (no Bluetooth) and I would very much like to be able to use a small keyboard with it (I'm thinking Logitech, which has normal-sized keys). I tried to fit a supposedly android compatible Bluetooth dongle, but Bluetooth transfer errors bt_api>version2>bt_adapter>contructor>Can't correctly obtain the Bluetooth adapter instance: maybe Bluetooth is not supported?

Reason: java.lang.Exception: NULL value returned.

Since I'm carrying an e-reader with me anyway, I'd like to have a little keyboard for writing reviews on the fly. Any ideas?
alikayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #232
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Tolino reader problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You could put the dictionary behind a hidden folder (one that has a name that starts with a dot/period like - ".folder") as long as it is called directly in the code, it should work, even though you won't see it listed in a file browser. With any luck they would not be seen by the new book processing code.

Luck;
Ken
Dear Ken san

Thanks for the response. I thought my problem with the Tolino reader were;
1. It sometimes freezes.
2. Dictionay shows sometimes explanations irrelevant to a word serched.
But I did not encouter these problems today. Today I learned that the versions 1.2.4 and 1.3.0 are not really for the reader software but are for the device farmware. I believe this is the reason that the automatice up-grade does not work with my Kobo Glo. I decided to be happy with the current version of the reader, even though I have to face the error message of the up-grade failure when I start it.
I found the reader uses dictionaries from Quick Dictionaries. I set the dictionary directry of the QuickDic app to .tolino\dictionaries and installed their Japanese-English dictionary. It works well with the Tolino reader.

I am realy grateful to the people who enabled to make this change to the Glo.

Takikura
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #233
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for transforming my Glo into an android device.

Still a few questions now that the blinking is stopped, and the light shutdown:
- how to sync with calibre?
- should we now be chatting inside the "Android device" forum instead of the "Kobo" Forum ?

Regards

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #234
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Hi, first question answered:

- How to sync library with Calibre
http://www.lesen.net/ereader/5-tipps...no-shine-6096/
Gives links to two Tolino forums about how to set it up in Calibre.
I thought there was a tricky problem, but no: just pick the link/share button and choosing the folder of my sdcard on the device was enough.

So simple!

I guess we will have to start a list of eink compatible apps on android.

Regards

François
PS: reading my pdf with acrobats reflow option is just amazing !!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #235
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
- how to sync with calibre?
In addition to the Connect to Folder function found under the Connect/Share button, calibre provides a User Defined device plugin that can be used to connect to any USB device that shows up as a disk drive in your operating system.
Note: on windows, the device must have a drive letter for calibre to use it.

Go to Preference ->Plugins ->Device Interface Plugins ->User Defined USB Driver and click the "Customize Plugin" button.

I'm using these values:
USB Vendor ID (in hex): 0x1f85
USB Product ID (in hex): 0x1689
USB Revision ID (in hex): 0x0226
Windows main memory vendor string: DEUTSCHE
Windows main memory ID string: _TELEKOMTOLINO
Windows card A vendor string: DEUTSCHE
Windows card A ID string: _TELEKOMTOLINO

I found them from Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> "Get information to setup the user defined device".

I use the extsd\Books folder for the library root.
Don't forget to check the "Swap main and card A".

Note that if you are using the user defined plugin for a device normally detected by a builtin calibre plugin (Tolino doesn't), you must disable the builtin plugin first, so that your user defined plugin is used instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre User Defined Device.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	117452  
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #236
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Hi

Thanks for the image. it was relatively easy to mod my glo. Is there a way to change the menu language on this image? Everything is in german I guess and I am not able to spot a place to change the English menus.

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #237
fxp33
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post

Go to Preference ->Plugins ->Device Interface Plugins ->User Defined USB Driver and click the "Customize Plugin" button.

I'm using these values:
USB Vendor ID (in hex): 0x1f85
USB Product ID (in hex): 0x1689
USB Revision ID (in hex): 0x0226
Windows main memory vendor string: DEUTSCHE
Windows main memory ID string: _TELEKOMTOLINO
Windows card A vendor string: DEUTSCHE
Windows card A ID string: _TELEKOMTOLINO

I found them from Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> "Get information to setup the user defined device".

I use the extsd\Books folder for the library root.
Don't forget to check the "Swap main and card A".

Note that if you are using the user defined plugin for a device normally detected by a builtin calibre plugin (Tolino doesn't), you must disable the builtin plugin first, so that your user defined plugin is used instead.

Ouahh, thank you so much Embryo, that is what I call a detailed tutorial

Karma !

Regards,

François
Old 01-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #238
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Hi

Thanks for the image. it was relatively easy to mod my glo. Is there a way to change the menu language on this image? Everything is in german I guess and I am not able to spot a place to change the English menus.

thanks
The image I use is from MarekGibek's post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=139 and its in english.
There is one for the Touch and one for the Glo.

I also updated the "kobo rotate touch utility" from here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=154
I don't know if the image has the last version ...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #239
fxp33
Addict

notification bar

Hi,

Has someone succeeded in pulling down the notification bar?
I was wondering how to view the notifications and eventually removing them?

Thanks for any hint or sharing your way of using it.

Regards

François
Old 01-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #240
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
Hi,

Has someone succeeded in pulling down the notification bar?
I was wondering how to view the notifications and eventually removing them?

Thanks for any hint or sharing your way of using it.

Regards

François
I have been using the "Status Bar Expander" app to expand the status bar successully.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, glo, kobo, shine, tolino