Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Some deleted books leave their covers on HD

I keep all my books and media on my HD's external sd card.
When I open the HD's "Library", it shows two copies of a book (epub) I deleted.
It also shows two magazines (pdf) that were deleted.
None of these will open, and the original book/magazines do not show up anywhere else on the HD, just their covers. I've successfully deleted other books.

I've tried hunting down leftover files (including hidden ones) while the HD is connected to my pc, as well as searching on the device itself. I cannot find anything else to delete.

I've cycled the HD off and on, but that also didn't help.

Anyone else having this issue?
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Did you search internal memory as well? I had that problem once, but I had copied the book to both places (internal and SD).
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Hi kevinp. Yes, I checked both internal memory and external sd card.

A few more details: The phantom book cover and the phantom magazine cover both show without their respective cover art. Their titles show on plain, title only, "no cover art" bookcovers.

The phantom book is a free NOOK epub of a version of The Bible a co-worker wanted to read on the NOOK STR I lent her. I never loaded it onto my HD, just my STR, but it is in my B&N NOOK Library on the web.

I signed into my B&N NOOK account on my pc and that free Bible is not in my library, as I had deleted it long ago.

The phantom magazine(s) are pdfs of volumes 1 and 2 of The Dresden Files role playing game that I side-loaded to the sd card from my pc, and they're not from B&N.

I've deleted these titles from my HD, but can't get their "no cover art" covers off my HD.

When I use the HD's built-in "Search my NOOK" tool, both the phantom book (epub)and phantom magazine (pdf) show up under results. When you tap on the book result it goes to a page showing the "no cover art" cover and the tag
"LENDME" on its plain cover. Under that is a 4 out of 5 star rating, a "Free" button, and an Overview. I just tapped the "Free" button on that page and it downloaded the book to my HD and the cover art filled in. And the two phantom copies of it are still there, too. After deleting the newly-downloaded version and the two phantom copies of its cover still remain.

When you search for "dresden" on the NOOK, the two pdf files show up, but won't open or go to an info page about them, like it does with the book.
When I do a long press on their search results, they don't open, but only give the choice to delete them from my search history. When I long press their "no cover art" covers which appear under "Magazines" in the HD's Library, I'm not given a choice to delete them, only to add them to Home or to a Shelf. This also is the same for the book in the Books section.

Also, all the above happens whether or not the sd card is in the device.
I just unmounted and removed the sd card, and then turned off the HD.
After starting the HD up again, without the sd card installed, it still shows the phantom covers, even though they had only been on the sd card.

Last edited by euro traveler; 09-09-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: added info
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote