Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
cannot do find replace all on full stop.

so I have a book conversion where there is no space between sentences, & the obvious fix is to find all full stops & replace with full stop + space.

to fix sentence end.Sentence start

needs to be done chapter by chapter in book view otherwise it will screw with HTML but I can accept that.

so I test by doing find replace one sentence at a time, which will take forever.

tell it to replace all within current file & sigil throws a hissy fit.

known bug or am I the lucky 1st person to try this ?

hissy fit> it puts up & fills a small progress batr that I've never seen before, then leaves a small empty window opn in fornt of main program window then goes unresponsive.

& Yes I've checked that find replace is set to normal, not to regex.

reloaded program & retried several times, no joy.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
so I have a book conversion where there is no space between sentences, & the obvious fix is to find all full stops & replace with full stop + space.

to fix sentence end.Sentence start

needs to be done chapter by chapter in book view otherwise it will screw with HTML but I can accept that.

so I test by doing find replace one sentence at a time, which will take forever.

tell it to replace all within current file & sigil throws a hissy fit.

known bug or am I the lucky 1st person to try this ?

hissy fit> it puts up & fills a small progress batr that I've never seen before, then leaves a small empty window opn in fornt of main program window then goes unresponsive.

& Yes I've checked that find replace is set to normal, not to regex.

reloaded program & retried several times, no joy.
REGEX the dot is All. you need to escape it
Search: ([a-z])\.([a-z])
Replace: \1 \2 <there is a space between

Note Quote marks will mess this up
include the correct style of closing quote in the first box and Opening quote in the second box

Last edited by theducks; 07-23-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: quote note added
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes I know that regex stuff, but it's not relevent as I am using "normal" find & replace in book mode.

my claim is that is is not possible do find . and replace all with whatever. the find + replace all operation on that single punctuation character is crashing sigil

if i were to use your regex, the 2nd bracket should surely be ([A-Z]), and it would not work anyway because of the essential dots in meta headers like
[code]
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
[\code]
Old 07-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
yes I know that regex stuff, but it's not relevent as I am using "normal" find & replace in book mode.

my claim is that is is not possible do find . and replace all with whatever. the find + replace all operation on that single punctuation character is crashing sigil

if i were to use your regex, the 2nd bracket should surely be ([A-Z]), and it would not work anyway because of the essential dots in meta headers like
[code]
[\code]
Good catch Be sure to tick "Maintain Case"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
cybmole
Wizard

straying off topic now but why do ebooks have/need lines like

Code:
anyway ?

Last edited by Jellby; 07-24-2011 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Fixed markup
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
straying off topic now but why do ebooks have/need lines like

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> anyway ?
It's part of the spec.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote