Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
lwilson21
lwilson21 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ridley Pearson, Jeffrey Deaver, and Greg Iles are also good choices if you like thrillers. Once you read any one of their books, you won't stop until you've read them all!

Leah
lwilson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 AM   #17
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How about Thriller by Micheal Jackson?
There is actually a Thriller anthology by James Patterson, with that title, which is good for this sort of thing.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ould View Post

Brad Thor is good too. I just read his first book in his "Harvath" series.

I recently read a new author to me, Tom Cain and his first novel The Accident Man. I really enjoyed it as well.

Kevin
If you had to choose between Thor and Cain, which would you pick? Reason I ask is that Cain's first novel is $12.60 where as you can get the Thor Counter terrorism bundle (The Lions of Lucerne, Path of the Assassin, State of the Union, Blowback) for $15.95
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #19
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
If you had to choose between Thor and Cain, which would you pick? Reason I ask is that Cain's first novel is $12.60 where as you can get the Thor Counter terrorism bundle (The Lions of Lucerne, Path of the Assassin, State of the Union, Blowback) for $15.95
I would probably go with the Brad Thor pack, for cost effectiveness. Tom Cain's book is really good but with the Thor pack you get four likely great books(I have only read the first in the series but I surmise the rest are equally good).

You have a pm too.

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #20
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I may go with both. I won a $30 gift certificate here last week and it's burning a hole in my pocket.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry431 View Post
I really like this author mapping web site, I think I am going to get a lot of use out of it. Thanks
Its recommendations seem utterly bizarre to me. I hope it works better for you!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilson21 View Post
Ridley Pearson, Jeffrey Deaver, and Greg Iles are also good choices if you like thrillers. Once you read any one of their books, you won't stop until you've read them all!

Leah
Jeffrey Deaver I'd recommend especially, particularly his "Lincoln Rhyme" books, the first of which is "The Bone Collector". They are a combination of "thriller" and "police procedural", but I too find them un-put-downable!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #23
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Have you tried Stephen J Cannell's Shane Scully series. Very good. Tin Collectors and On the Grind are standouts.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #24
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Jeffrey Deaver I'd recommend especially, particularly his "Lincoln Rhyme" books, the first of which is "The Bone Collector". They are a combination of "thriller" and "police procedural", but I too find them un-put-downable!
Seems that Jeffrey Deaver is going to write the next James Bond novel:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...ry-Deaver.html
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote