Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #46
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Cool, I may actually come to Florida one of these days to visit a colleague, in which case I shall drop in
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you know i bet you could get that offer in a lot of cities. you should do a calibre world tour ; i bet you wouldn't have to pay for dinner once.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #48
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A good idea
Old 12-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #49
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
Of course to prevent reader from crashing you MUST transfer generated LRF files to the device using sony elibrary software.
Huh? Explain, please? I thought the idea was to use Calibre for all transfers (except the Sony store downloads, which seem to require the Sony software).
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #50
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Huh? Explain, please? I thought the idea was to use Calibre for all transfers (except the Sony store downloads, which seem to require the Sony software).
Despite being almost 2009, both the Reader's LRF and EPUB renderers have some device-crashing bugs, the exact conditions for most of which haven't been mapped out. Most of the bugs in LRF rendering seem to occur during initial pagination, not during actual display of the content. The Sony desktop software does initial pagination when you use it to copy books onto the Reader, and appears to have fewer bugs than the code on the Reader itself. Thus, if you have an LRF book which crashes the Reader, you can sometimes work around the crash by copying the book onto the device using the Sony software.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #51
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Kovid, whenever you're in Amsterdam......
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #52
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, another bug report. I just saw the new version and installed it. (.123) Tried again to download Time. Got the following error:

Job: **Fetch news from Time**
**tuple**: ('URLError', u'')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 935, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 893, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _feeds.py", line 64, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _feeds.py", line 37, in convert
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\web\feeds\main.p y", line 150, in run_recipe
File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 555, in download
File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 714, in build_index
File "calibre\web\feeds\recipes\time_magazine.pyo", line 45, in print_version
File "mechanize\_mechanize.pyo", line 209, in open
File "mechanize\_mechanize.pyo", line 236, in _mech_open
File "mechanize\_opener.pyo", line 202, in open
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 612, in http_response
File "mechanize\_opener.pyo", line 219, in error
File "urllib2.pyo", line 361, in _call_chain
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 146, in http_error_302
File "mechanize\_opener.pyo", line 191, in open
File "urllib2.pyo", line 401, in _open
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 729, in http_open
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 706, in do_open
URLError:

**Log**:
DEBUG: Skipping article Why One Couple is Steaming at Air Tahiti Nui (Fri, 12 Dec, 2008 07:35) from feed Travel as it is too old.

DEBUG: Skipping article Spirit Air Leaves a Family Deflated (Fri, 12 Dec, 2008 07:35) from feed Travel as it is too old.

DEBUG: Skipping article Washington: 5 Places to Stay (Thu, 23 Oct, 2008 19:35) from feed Travel as it is too old.

DEBUG: Skipping article Washington: Finding the Perfect Souvenir (Sun, 09 Nov, 2008 09:50) from feed Travel as it is too old.

DEBUG: Skipping article Shanghai: Side Trips (Sun, 09 Nov, 2008 09:30) from feed Travel as it is too old.

DEBUG: Skipping article Moscow: Need to Know (Thu, 23 Oct, 2008 19:25) from feed Travel as it is too old.

('URLError', u'')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 935, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 893, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _feeds.py", line 64, in main
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _feeds.py", line 37, in convert
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\web\feeds\main.p y", line 150, in run_recipe
File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 555, in download
File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 714, in build_index
File "calibre\web\feeds\recipes\time_magazine.pyo", line 45, in print_version
File "mechanize\_opener.pyo", line 202, in open
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 612, in http_response
File "mechanize\_opener.pyo", line 219, in error
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 146, in http_error_302
File "mechanize\_opener.pyo", line 191, in open
File "urllib2.pyo", line 401, in _open
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 729, in http_open
File "mechanize\_http.pyo", line 706, in do_open
URLError:

Hope that helps. I'll try again with it set to LRF. That was on EPUB.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:33 AM   #53
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Just tried downloading Time as LRF, and there was no response whatsoever.

I did grab Science Daily and Newsweek as LRF, and will try those on my 700 later.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:53 AM   #54
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kovid, if you ever drop to Buenos Aires let me know.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:31 AM   #55
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Just tried downloading Time as LRF, and there was no response whatsoever.

I did grab Science Daily and Newsweek as LRF, and will try those on my 700 later.
I think you have network issues. I just tried to download Time in LRF format and it works well. Tested on Windows XP SP3.

do you have some agressive antivirus, firewall or some strange proxy setting?

Check that out.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:46 PM   #56
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
do you have some agressive antivirus, firewall or some strange proxy setting?
Not that I know of. Seems unlikely, in any case, since I downloaded other news feeds w/o problem.

I'm guessing that the previous error on Time as epub caused something to block another download. Or else I caught it as they were changing to the new issue.

I just downloaded the new Time as LRF, with a freshly booted computer.

Regarding the Calibre viewer -- can someone tell me why, on one computer, I see a toolbar on the left with font size buttons, etc., but on my other computer I do not? Is there a toggle for that somewhere?
Old 12-31-2008, 03:04 PM   #57
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

there are different viewers for LRF vs. all other formats.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #58
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

I copied Time in LRF format onto my 700, and it seems to read and page through fine. However, for the most part, the section and article links don't seem to work using the touchscreen. (They work fine in the Calibre viewer.) Anyone know if that's just how things are in the current state of the system?

I transfered the file with Calibre, not with Sony Library.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:47 PM   #59
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
there are different viewers for LRF vs. all other formats.
Ah--so one cannot change the font size in the viewer for LRF? A pity, because the default at least for Time is really large.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #60
kiklop74
Guru

Default font size for recipes is 12pt. It is too much for my taste too. I already started changing that in most of the recipes I developed. In the next iteration I'll take care of the rest of the recipes including Time.