Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #24886
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yes, the overnight of the sponge is an important part of the flavour profile.

Waking up hard this morning. Peet's Major Dickason's coffee is required!
I wonder what the bread would taste like if garlic was added for flavor? I have recently discovered Costo's garlic bread (my son brought it over) and would love to make some.

Fresh coffee in my cup, as I try to figure out how to go about getting rid of some paper wasp nests being started over my front and back entrances. They do not like to be disturbed and get quite angry. It's way too windy to spray anything and using a long pole doesn't give me enough time to run somewhere safe. *sigh* I did see an agriculture youtube thing about making an empty liter bottle into a trap, but I want them gone now. I wonder if using the jet spray on the hose would work? I hate wasps. They have been eating my strawberries.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #24887
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Peppermint. It's a nice refreshing afternoon pick me up.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #24888
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Wasps are a pain, but they also eat other nasties and actually have a garden function. Still, over the doorway may be sub-optimal.

Keemun this afternoon.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #24889
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I don't suppose you could dress securely and nail them with a strong blast from a garden hose?

Finishing off tea #4.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #24890
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I wonder what the bread would taste like if garlic was added for flavor? I have recently discovered Costo's garlic bread (my son brought it over) and would love to make some.

Fresh coffee in my cup, as I try to figure out how to go about getting rid of some paper wasp nests being started over my front and back entrances. They do not like to be disturbed and get quite angry. It's way too windy to spray anything and using a long pole doesn't give me enough time to run somewhere safe. *sigh* I did see an agriculture youtube thing about making an empty liter bottle into a trap, but I want them gone now. I wonder if using the jet spray on the hose would work? I hate wasps. They have been eating my strawberries.
you need to go after them after dark otherwise it's a crap shoot. get (or have delivered if you are trapped!) wasp killer, it shoots a really long stream so even if you wake them up you can run. wait 24 hours and hose it out of there. I refuse to use poisons, weed killer, etc on my farm, but I don't play around when it comes to wasps
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #24891
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you need to go after them after dark otherwise it's a crap shoot. get (or have delivered if you are trapped!) wasp killer, it shoots a really long stream so even if you wake them up you can run. wait 24 hours and hose it out of there. I refuse to use poisons, weed killer, etc on my farm, but I don't play around when it comes to wasps
Yes - be very careful - wasps can sting multiple times and are quite aggressive when protecting their homes.
1. Attack after dark
2. Use a long range aerosol - they shoot up to 20' or so.
3. I had some on the corners of my house - so I parked the car as close to the house as I could - left the door open - shot the nest and dove into the car. They are fast on the wing!
4. Use the spray more than once - wasps caught away from home after dark may return the following day - and attack.

Also, survivors tend to rebuild in the same locations year after year - so soak the areas with the spray as a deterrent.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #24892
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Lots of folks back East, they say, is leavin' home every day,
Beatin' the hot old dusty way to the California line.
'Cross the desert sands they roll, gettin' out of that old dust bowl,
They think they're goin' to a sugar bowl, but here's what they find
Now, the police at the port of entry say,
"You're number fourteen thousand for today."

Oh, if you ain't got the do re mi, folks, you ain't got the do re mi,
Why, you better go back to beautiful Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Georgia, Tennessee.
California is a garden of Eden, a paradise to live in or see;
But believe it or not, you won't find it so hot
If you ain't got the do re mi.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46mO7jx3JEw )

Old Woody sure could write a song!

Good morning, everyone! It's a beautiful Friday morning, perfect day to do a bit a packing, take a long walk, do a bit more packing, and maybe even go out to dinner! We spent a half hour on Skype earlier, visiting with my son, daughter-in-law, and new grandson, which was a pleasant way to start the day. Now it's time for some East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea, some grilled Cajun chicken and Red beans and rice. Gosh... Indian tea, Cajun chicken, in Japan, while packing for Thailand... Can it get any more International than that?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:06 AM   #24893
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks everyone for all the advice on wasps.

It has been so windy that I can't use any poison that sprays (I've been waiting for 2 weeks and the wind still hasn't let up). I can handle snakes and black widow spiders, but these guys are FAST and mean. After dark would be ideal, but trying to hold the flashlight, the hose, and then run like h***, is a bit of a challenge. I know that they are sluggish when it is colder and dark, but I haven't been able to get the nerve to do this in the dark.

I'm stressed just thinking about it. Time for a fresh cup of coffee and a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #24894
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
it doesn't have to be dark, like the inside of a hoot owl dark, just really late dusk
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #24895
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'm stressed just thinking about it. Time for a fresh cup of coffee and a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream.
Is calling in an expert an option?

Coca-cola in my cup.

I'm currently nursing a bruise I got from absent-mindedly trying to come down a step ladder on the side that doesn't have the steps! I didn't actually fall off the ladder, but I did catch the underside of one thigh nastily leaving a 2"x3" purple bruise today. Ah well, it doesn't stop me doing anything, it's just a bit painful to the touch.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #24896
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Dreams, the answer to your problem is spiritual. Invite a group of Hari Krishnas folks over to your house to chant. I've noticed that when the Hari Krishnas get going, all the WASPs in the area seem to leave...

Finished packing my books today... One and a half boxes, and most of them were cookbooks! When moving back to Japan from Thailand a few years ago, there were about 15 boxes of books. God bless e-readers.

On the other hand, moving from Thailand I brought back 2-3 boxes of hobby and craft supplies and tools. Going back with about 10 boxes. Big boxes...

So time now to sit back with a glass of Bombay Sapphire, a bowl of popcorn, and a good movie!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #24897
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hmm dreams... sounds like a problem that could be easily solved with the use of copious amounts of fire.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #24898
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Dreams, the answer to your problem is spiritual. Invite a group of Hari Krishnas folks over to your house to chant. I've noticed that when the Hari Krishnas get going, all the WASPs in the area seem to leave...
Stitchawl
Pretty funny.

Dreams could just settle for channeling the wasps inner understanding of their nature of home and help them understand that it's really in the neighbour's yard...

It's a beautiful day here in paradise. In my cup: Lung Ching Dragonwell.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #24899
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Cafe Latte at Starbucks. I am back online at work so yeah goofing off.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #24900
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Is calling in an expert an option?
Somehow, I just can't justify my fear and stress to be equal to the $65 charge for the pest company to come out. Then they quote what it would cost after the service charge.

Quote:
I'm currently nursing a bruise I got from absent-mindedly trying to come down a step ladder on the side that doesn't have the steps!
Ouch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
tisk, tisk *wags finger at Stitchawl and shakes her head* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Dreams could just settle for channeling the wasps inner understanding of their nature of home and help them understand that it's really in the neighbour's yard...
Hummm.. I do have a neighbor that thinks using an air compressor at 5 AM is perfectly OK, even when my bedroom is on the other side of the fence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Hmm dreams... sounds like a problem that could be easily solved with the use of copious amounts of fire.
Have you been talking to my son? He always wanted to get creative whenever we had to deal with eliminating various pests. Once, he wanted to use a blow torch... thank all the stars above that we didn't own one. Come to think of it, he did set up a magnifying glass to direct a point of light at at nest one time and WD 40 was very useful at another time.

Enjoying a fresh cup of coffee and making my list to purchase yeast and fruit juice to make a fermenting juice trap for the paper wasps.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?