Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
Anonymouslemming
Anonymouslemming began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Increasing the font size when converting PDF

Hi all,

I've got a technical book that I want to convert to LRF. I tried PDFLRF, but once this was complete, the font was unreadably small on my PRS-505. I tried using the magnify buttons as I normally would, but the font stayed small.

Is there any known solution to this issue ? I'm not attached to the LRF format - I'm happy to shift this to anything that my reader can read.
Anonymouslemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
bernardpar
bernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it isbernardpar knows what time it is

Device: hx4700
hi

I have got the same problem.
bernardpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
And me. N
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Okay, this is going to sound strange. I have had some success converting PDFs in Calibre, not directly to LRF. First convert the PDF file to LIT. Then delete the PDF file. Then convert the LIT to LRF. It's not always perfect, but most of the sentence and paragraph structure is okay and it fixes the pagination problems and permits one to up the font size on the 505.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
You might want to check out pdfreflow in the PDF forum. There is a GUI with installer for Windows, and for other platforms you get a java GUI (but no installer). It converts PDF to HTML, reflowing the paragraphs of text based PDF (though it doesn't support images). But it does normalize all the fonts, so they aren't so tiny.

Once you get a decent HTML document, you can use Calibre to create an epub or LRF.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert