Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you read or avoid books recommended by Oprah Winfrey?
I avoid the book specifically based on her recommendation. 38 24.36%
I read the book specifically based on her recommendation. 3 1.92%
Who is Oprah Winfrey? 19 12.18%
I read books interesting to me regardless of whether Oprah recommended or not 96 61.54%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #166
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Funny, I don't recall ever being in a Bugs Bunny cartoon. Fairly sure I would have remembered that...
Oh, I remember it very well .... it's where the catch phrase "What's up doc?" was originally created.

Bugs is committed to an asylum, and you are his treating physician, and the tin man is there, and the scarecrow, and the lion.

Oh ... sorry ... hallucinating again. Must change my dosage.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:31 AM   #167
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh, I remember it very well .... it's where the catch phrase "What's up doc?" was originally created.

Bugs is committed to an asylum, and you are his treating physician, and the tin man is there, and the scarecrow, and the lion.

Oh ... sorry ... hallucinating again. Must change my dosage.
TOLD you you were wrong..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #168
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Now now, if you don't play nicely you won't get any chocolate!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #169
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Now now, if you don't play nicely you won't get any chocolate!
Okay okay, I'll be good.........
Old 12-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #170
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
You can have some choccie then
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #171
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
You can have some choccie then
Thank you!!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:28 PM   #172
alia
Bookworm
alia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
I'd say typically avoid (I guess it's sort of elitist and ridiculous of me, but I don't like reading books that the unwashed masses are reading). I did just buy A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle because it seems self-improving and very New Years-y (and bc BooksOnBoard is giving 100% Rewards on some of the year's bestsellers: http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?F=newyears_1_2008) but I have a feeling I'm not going to read very much of it. Self-improvement is not my thing.
alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:31 PM   #173
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alia View Post
I'd say typically avoid (I guess it's sort of elitist and ridiculous of me, but I don't like reading books that the unwashed masses are reading). I did just buy A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle because it seems self-improving and very New Years-y (and bc BooksOnBoard is giving 100% Rewards on some of the year's bestsellers: http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?F=newyears_1_2008) but I have a feeling I'm not going to read very much of it. Self-improvement is not my thing.
(wiping tears of laughter from eyes)
Old 12-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #174
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alia View Post
I did just buy A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle because it seems self-improving and very New Years-y (and bc BooksOnBoard is giving 100% Rewards on some of the year's bestsellers: http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?F=newyears_1_2008) but I have a feeling I'm not going to read very much of it. Self-improvement is not my thing.
I read this book before Oprah recommended it. Despite what the author claims, I think it is one of the most clearly written book on Buddhism that I have read. I read several books by Thich Nhat Hanh, which I really liked, but 'New Earth' was much clear to me and helped me to understand what Thich Nhat Hanh was telling readers all along.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote