Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #151
calvin
DRM remover
calvin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, 4 & Touch, iPhone/iPad, Hanvon N516 (OpenInkpot)
addition to my "italic" problem.

it is better now with the updated freetype library but it's not fixed completely. If I look at the same book in the default kindle reader and in coolreader. The font in the default reader looks fine in coolreader it is different.

Question: how can I take screenshots in coolreader? tried the 3sec home button + touch anywhere but didn't work
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #152
killermiller
killermiller began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
- I have my kindle touch gejilbraiked

- Launcher I've also installed

- Then I copied the"cr3xcb" and the "bin" and "share" folders

Quote:
cr3xcb

-> bin

-> share
- Then I downloaded the https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpReaderLauncher

- Extracted in extensions folder

Menu --> Settings --> Menu --> Restart

but it not works

where is the problem

i read the threads more times
killermiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #153
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
What does not work? Are you seeing the launcher? Are you seeing the HackedUpReader entry?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #154
killermiller
killermiller began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
i only see

Launcher ----> stop Usbnetwork
----> Orientation
killermiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #155
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I asked more in the other thread you opened: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=182800
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #156
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
bump!
I managed to enable "album orientation" mode (along with the others) in the reader. It was already implemented.
I will roll out a new build after I fix some minor issues regarding the navigation.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #157
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
bump!
I managed to enable "album orientation" mode (along with the others) in the reader. It was already implemented.
I will roll out a new build after I fix some minor issues regarding the navigation.
Sounds great. I have a small patch brewing that allows to change the areas for page flipping. Instead of top-bottom for back-forward you can have bottom-top, left-right or right-left.

But I still have some issues with having the preferences for this option.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #158
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

So I managed to make HackedUpReader work on my Kindle Touch running 5.1.1. From what I have seen so far I like HackedUpReader, as it has quite some options missing in the navtive Kindle reading system.
There are still a few things I like to clarify / I have noticed:
• I very much like the file browsing ability of HackedUpReader with the organization into (sub-)folders originally created on the PC. But the sorting of files within a folder seems to be random (after creation date?). Is there any way to have a real alphabetical sorting?
• I use my Kindle among other things to read manga. For this I have converted the chapters into .mobi files via Calibre. Up until now I did not manage to make HackedUpReader display an image in full screen. If i set landscape pages to one, the image only takes up a quarter of the page. I also tried every Image scaling option without any success. To make things worse, the pictures are display in random order.
Does anyone know about this / have a solution?
• HackedUpReader does not support PDFs, right?
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #159
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
We have a KT application for that purpose, see Komic.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #160
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

hello, jakobim.
as for your first question: yes, it is possible. I can make it so that file names appear in the alphabetical order.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #161
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
hello, jakobim.
as for your first question: yes, it is possible. I can make it so that file names appear in the alphabetical order.
Hello varnie,
alphabetical order would be nice. Did I guess correctly about the current order with creation date?
And what's the deal with the images only taking up a quarter of the page and also coming in random order?
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #162
varnie
Connoisseur

my current implementation relies on the "readdir" standard C function.
speaking shortly, it doesn't guarantee any order.
here's what the docs say:
Quote:
The filenames returned by readdir() are not in sorted order, but rather in the order in which they happen to occur in the directory (this depends on the order in which the file system adds files to the directory and how it fills gaps in the directory list after files are removed). (The command ls –f lists files in the same unsorted order that they would be retrieved by readdir().)
but we can rewrite that dialog in another way, of course: either put all the filenames in the dynamically allocated array, sort it alphabetically, create dialogue entries, and free the array(!), or use the "scandir" function instead.

As for the images - sorry, I don't have enough knowledge about how it works in CoolReader.

Last edited by varnie; 07-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #163
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Found a unpleasant bug today.

When you start HackedUpReader while already reading something with the Kindle's own reader (for example having a dictionary open) and you press the home button, the main "My Items" screen gets shown and HackedUpReader's windows is put into the background.

Which is bad as you can't get it back and HackedUpReader can't be restarted unless you do a reboot (or kill it from the command line).

Last edited by bhaak; 07-18-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #164
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
or kill it from the command line
A launcher item for this would be a temprorary soln?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #165
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
A launcher item for this would be a temprorary soln?
Yes, although that is probably not needed as varnie's version has builtin screen refreshing (I'm not sure if my released version has that, too, my soon-to-be-released new version has all of varnie's changes).

I have to check if there is a better workaround, like putting the window on a higher window layer than it currently is.

Luckily, touching the home button doesn't trigger it. You have to press it hard to trigger it. Physical buttons FTW.

Tags
epub, launcher add-ons