Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Unhappy PE stuck initializing

My PE had the battery run out to power down today so when I got home, I plugged it in and after several hours when I tried to turn it on, it brought up the initializing screens. It's gotten to the third white dot on the tablet side and just sits there. I've tried the reset button, and same thing happens. Any other ideas? I'm gonna cry.
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
You've tried turning it off and on again? There must be some way to jiggle its little brain loose. Or have you gotten it back up and running by now??

Good luck!! Don't cry.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

nothing so far. I've tried ac power in, out, the reset button, and tried to re-flash and still hanging in the same place on boot. I fear the device is dead.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Have you tried the old standby for electronic devices - turn it off, unplug all power cables and wait for about 5 minutes before turning it back on.

I have a computer that I have to do that to if we get a power failure. It refuses to start until all power is removed for long enough for the capacitors to discharge - after that it will turn on and boot with out problems.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
when you say you tried to re-flash, do you mean with the golden update? If so are you sure you held down the two buttons(I think its menu and rotate) for at least seven seconds while booting?
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

yes, and much longer than 7 seconds :/
Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

are you sure then that you used the golden update.zip, renamed the file to update.zip and placed it in the root directory of the USB flash drive/sdcard (root meaning top level)?

Sorry if these questions sound like simple problems, but I have no way of knowing where it may have gone wrong...
Old 05-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

oh! My husband just did it again (oh try number 42, dead device from a defunk company, couldn't hurt right?) and it's now "updating software!"
Old 05-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
... the old standby for electronic devices - turn it off, unplug all power cables and wait for about 5 minutes before turning it back on.
I add putting (ideally just) the battery (or in this case as necessary, the whole device) in the freezer for a few minutes to my old standby list.

... but I see you got somewhere! Let us know if the software indeed updates.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
I add putting (ideally just) the battery (or in this case as necessary, the whole device) in the freezer for a few minutes to my old standby list.

... but I see you got somewhere! Let us know if the software indeed updates.
That would have indeed been the next item on the list But now it's a waiting game, lol
Old 05-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

No gadget owner could ever live without a freezer, eh?
Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
emusan
lol

If you don't mind my asking, what does putting it in the freezer do? I've honestly never heard that one before lol...

And glad to hear you got it started... some people just have the magic touch I guess lol
Old 05-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

Sometimes performance issues are related to overheated batteries. Freezer cools 'em down. It's almost as much a staple as "turn it off and on."

You troubleshoot your way. . .
Old 05-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
emusan
lol

oh, okay, I'm guessing it also helps with the restarting over and over that users can get into when trying to fix a problem, when you turn a device off its best to leave it off for a bit to make sure the capacitors clear out and RAM is erased.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

well....I have an operating PE with ermine 0.9! Thanks for holding my hand through it and listening to my whining. Now to go get it back to being my device.