Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 10-20-2003, 04:01 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Nicest Fonts to use with iSilo 4.x Part II

Pruss (plucker developer) converted the urw fonts for Plucker and I decided to convert them for iSilo (144dpi devices).

If you have any nice fonts converted for iSilo, please post them here!!
Attached Files
File Type: rar urwfonts_dpi144.rar (195.9 KB, 670 views)
Old 10-20-2003, 02:10 PM   #2
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Are these hi res fonts?
Advert
Old 10-21-2003, 04:23 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Visor, they are. All hi-res devices have dpi 144, whereas older low-res devices have dpi 72.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:42 PM   #4
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Where can I find low res fonts?? Are these the same that came with font hack? Can't wait to get my zire 71 waiting for christmas or for it to go down to $200 so far I saw it for $245.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:51 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you have iSiloX 4.0 installed, you can use it to convert any Windows font to iSiloX for any handheld (lo-res or hi-res). Start iSiloX, go to menu "Tools", and click on "Make Font".

Also check this thread:
http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964

Greets
Advert
Old 10-22-2003, 03:05 PM   #6
Zire
Fanatic

That feature is not mac compatible?
Old 10-23-2003, 02:52 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

From http://www.isilox.com/info/revhist.htm it appears that this feature was only added in iSiloX for Windows.

Maybe a good reason why we should post our favorite, already converted, fonts here - so MAC users can also enjoy them.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:22 PM   #8
Zire
Fanatic

I agree...so who's going to start posting? I have a low res device but soon going to upgrade to the zire 71.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:42 PM   #9
jasondv
Enthusiast
jasondv began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|T
Quote:
Originally Posted by visorprismman
I agree...so who's going to start posting? I have a low res device but soon going to upgrade to the zire 71.
Ok, here's my contribution. I got the idea of converting Trebuchet from a previous thread, and then I discovered that I like Footlight for reading my e-books. I use them on my T|T.
Attached Files
File Type: pdb Footlight_MT_Light.pdb (42.8 KB, 611 views)
File Type: pdb Trebuchet_MS.pdb (50.6 KB, 512 views)
Old 10-26-2003, 08:08 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Here are some pleasent-to-read-on-small-displays fonts: the Bitstream Vera family.

It includes Sans, Serif, and Mono, sizes: 8pt, 10pt, 12pt, 14pt.
Low = only for 72dpi (160x160) displays.
Attached Files
File Type: pdb BitstreamVeraSans.pdb (41.3 KB, 516 views)
File Type: pdb BitstreamVeraSansLow.pdb (12.7 KB, 544 views)
File Type: pdb BitstreamVeraSansMono.pdb (39.9 KB, 470 views)
File Type: pdb BitstreamVeraSansMonoLow.pdb (12.5 KB, 529 views)
File Type: pdb BitstreamVeraSerif.pdb (43.7 KB, 501 views)
File Type: pdb BitstreamVeraSerifLow.pdb (13.3 KB, 539 views)
Old 10-26-2003, 10:23 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Btw, Verdana is still the font I like best for most of my documents.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:07 PM   #12
Den_Nis
Den_Nis began at the beginning.

Device: sony clie
Yes. still the best font for me is "Verdana"

Thanks
Old 10-28-2003, 09:19 AM   #13
Zire
Fanatic

Are the fonts contributed low res?
Old 10-31-2003, 03:55 PM   #14
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Georgia is another wonderful font!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdb Georgia.pdb (40.5 KB, 528 views)
Old 11-04-2003, 05:36 PM   #15
TadW
Uebermensch

Another of my favorite fonts (Microsoft apparently like it to as they supply it with their Reader) is Frutiger Linotype.

Converted in 8pt 10pt 12pt 14pt.
Download for low-res (dpi 72) and hi-res (dpi 144) devices.
Attached Files
File Type: pdb FrutigerLinotypeLow.pdb (16.9 KB, 612 views)
File Type: pdb FrutigerLinotype.pdb (50.6 KB, 590 views)