Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
Softroot to my books -- can't pull current version

Strange things going on here. I softrooted nook a few weeks ago with no problem, and upgraded to the 0.0.5 version of My Books. Tags have never worked properly - think it has something to do with pdf files in my library, but not sure. Decided to re-root and start all from scratch. Went well, except when I try to upgrade (via trook) to the latest My Books version, it installs the older version 0.0.4.

Any thoughts on what's going on? Does it even matter?
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabour View Post
Strange things going on here. I softrooted nook a few weeks ago with no problem, and upgraded to the 0.0.5 version of My Books. Tags have never worked properly - think it has something to do with pdf files in my library, but not sure. Decided to re-root and start all from scratch. Went well, except when I try to upgrade (via trook) to the latest My Books version, it installs the older version 0.0.4.

Any thoughts on what's going on? Does it even matter?
Where do you even see the version number? I only find it for Trook. Or do you just recognise it by the features?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Where do you even see the version number? I only find it for Trook. Or do you just recognise it by the features?
It shows the version number at the top of the Eink screen
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
Yeah - small letters in the upper left hand corner. Used to be 0.0.5 Now its 0.0.4

Small differences, but once you get used to something you miss it -- like the jump to bottom of a long list of titles.
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote