Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
replace all has to be triggered twice

i am seeing some unexplained behaviour with replaceall regex in that it sometimes has to be run twice to truly replace all.
I isolate a phrase & set up the find regex with a blank replace.

then I click replace all & it does one or two replacements, but when I click it again, it does a whole lot more.

I can't puzzle out why it needs to run twice.

e.g. most my recent example - removing unwanted anchors from chapter starts..
I use find
<a class="calibre7" id="filepos\d+"></a>
+ replace all
(with nothing)

. expecting 29 hits , 1 per chapter, instead I got only 2 hits, followed by 27 hits at next attempt.

the open xhtml was 1st chapter.
mode regex, all hteml files - down + replace all. nothing else ticked.

any explanation as to why it needed to be run twice?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I think there may be a glitch with the replace all functionality as I have had a similar experience.

I have a saved Group (to clean up the .css page) with about 9 entries. I hold CTRL (to prevent it from defaulting to All HTML Files) and click on replace all...and it skips the first entry every time. I have to run it a 2nd time to get it to apply.

I hope that helps someone figure out if/where the glitch may be...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
This is a known issue that should be fixed for the next release.

The problem is due to the way Pretty Print Tidy is run - it wasn't being run before the first replace all.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Sweet! Thanks meme!!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote