Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Cool. Will try this when I get my Nexus 7.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
LittleHuba
LittleHuba began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Samsung Galaxy S1
Thank you very much!!!

All the news about the program will be posted on the new project site (In reality they are on the Blog site). So try a look and stay tuned!

If you find a bug (I hope there aren't any) create a new ticket on this page. As soon as I have some freetime, I will try to solve it

Last edited by LittleHuba; 07-11-2012 at 04:06 PM.
LittleHuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #18
Hondo1
Hondo1 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHuba View Post
Hey guys!

Because I have too have a transformer prime I was searching quite long for a solution or workaround.
Bad news: Like said in the posts before there is no solution

Good news: I created a workaround! Its a little selfcoded software which can connect calibre with your transformer prime. Until now it is only one way (calibre->tfp) but I am still trying to make it both ways.

What you need on your device is:
USB-Debuging - ON
Busybox installed

You don't need administrative privileges but they aren't bad either.

Until now tested on Win7 x64 and tfp with android 4.0.3

http://rapidgator.net/file/18802118/...TF201.rar.html

All you need to do is:
-unpack the archive into a folder
-choose the x32 file for Win 32-bit or x64 file for Win 64-bit
The other one you can delete!
-edit the Settings.ini until it fits your taste
(Edit: The folders you edit in the .ini have to exist already!!!)
-start the program
-click yes at both messageboxes
-follow the howto by clicking on the new icon in the taskbar and choosing howto
-plugin your device
-use calibre like you would do it with each other device!!!

Hope you like the program! Feedback would be great!
Anyway to get this to work on a Mac? I have a rooted Nexus 7 but no PC.
Thanks.
Hondo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
LittleHuba

To answer your question: YES an NO! It is partly possible. Cause my program uses ADB the transfer would work. But the whole suveillance of the folder (managing the transfer of new files) is written in a language (autoit) that isn't compatible with mac. Currently there exist some "ports" to transfer a program to mac-code but they don't work.
But I think I can help you.
There are three ways:
If you have some experience in programming I can give you a commented version of the program code and you can translate it by yourself into Mac-code.
I could write the program in C, C++ or Java and try to get it running on Macs. But this would take some time cause I don't have many experience with Mac and have to do some other stuff too.
You could try to run the program in some kind of emulator (don't know if there is one that works) and hopefully connect it to Calibre.

The third way would be the fastest but probably not manageable one. The second way takes at least 3 months and the first is only possible if you are a programmer.

In future I would like to port the whole program to C or Java, cause the liability of this program-languages is much higher. But this will take very long. (Currently I have not so many time. Still have to do something for school)

I hope you are able to find a way that suits your expectations.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #20
Chatt
Chatt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo1 View Post
Anyway to get this to work on a Mac? I have a rooted Nexus 7 but no PC.
Thanks.
Exactly my configuration, OSX and Nexus 7!

My Sony pre-650 was stolen Now I´ve to read with Nexus 7.

Web Server is working but thats not a comfortable solution.

Maybe there´s a way to use Calibre with the mac file transfer osx app. I can mount my Nexus 7 with it!?
Chatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatt View Post
Maybe there´s a way to use Calibre with the mac file transfer osx app. I can mount my Nexus 7 with it!?
You might want to consider the Android Calibre Companion App. It allows you to connect to calibre via your local wireless network and gives you virtually the same featurtes as if you had connected via a usb cable.

I use it it works great.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #22
LittleHuba

The idea from dwanthny is already good!
If you want to use normal cable, I can only give the same answer as to Hondo1.

I hope you can find a solution