Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
stevenharper
Connoisseur
stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Two New SF Novels

I'd like to announce that Dreamer and Nightmare, the first two novels of my Silent Empire series have come to the Kindle.

Both are science fiction. Dreamer is adventure and space opera. Nightmare is a hunt for a serial killer. Although they're in a series, both books stand entirely alone. I put the cover blurbs below, for those who want to look. Price: $1.79.

DREAMER
It is through first contact with an alien species that humanity learns of the Dream. It is a plane of mental existence where people are able to communicate by their thoughts alone--over distances of thousands of light-years. To ensure that future generations will have this ability, human genetic engineering produces newborns capable of finding and navigating the Dream.

They become known as the Silent.

Rust is just one planet among many in the Empire of Human Unity. It's nothing special, nothing unusual...except for the fact that it is home to an unknown boy who may be the most powerful Silent telepath ever born--a Silent with the ability to possess the bodies of others against their will. This mysterious child may be causing tremors within the Dream itself.

For now, only the Children of Irfan know about him. A monastic-like order of the Silent, the Children protect their members even as they barter their services with the governments and corporations that control known space. But power like that cannot be hidden, and soon every Silent in the universe will know about the boy--and every government will be willing to go to war to control him.

And if the Children of Irfan cannot find him first, the Dream itself may be shattered...

NIGHTMARE
In the future, dreams keep the universe running. Dreamers, known as "Silent," are able to look into other people's dreams, communicate with other Silent across the galaxy, and speak to aliens. Silent construct dreams for themselves more vivid than reality.

But some dreams have become nightmares...

Kendi Weaver doesn't know he's Silent. Hijacked into slavery, he has resigned himself to a life of servitude. Then the discovery of his innate gift for dream communication changes everything. Suddenly Kendi is a very valuable commodity. He is rescued by the Children of Irfan--a society dedicated to freeing enslaved Silent--and taken to their planet, Bellerophon.

But Bellerophon is hardly a safe refuge. A brutal serial killer is murdering Silent in their telepathic dreams, and Kendi is soon embroiled in a world of madness and murder. To catch the killer, he must enter the victims' dreams...

--Steven Harper Piziks
stevenharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:07 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I just replied to your other post in the Kindle forum.

Your books do sound interesting, but I don't have a Kindle.

Do you plan to offer your ebooks in a format besides the Kindle?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I just replied to your other post in the Kindle forum.

Your books do sound interesting, but I don't have a Kindle.

Do you plan to offer your ebooks in a format besides the Kindle?
Same goes for me. I am VERY interested in your books, but since I live in Europe and have no Kindle, I do not have any access to your books!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:39 AM   #4
Hajo
Connoisseur
Hajo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hajo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hajo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hajo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N81 8GB, COOL-ER
Add me in. I strongly believe, ePUB is the way to go - at least in europe. Your prices are a pleasure. Would like to read Dreamer.
Hajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:44 AM   #5
savignien
savignien began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
I'm also tempted, but like the others, I don't have a kindle.
savignien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 02:52 AM   #6
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Me also! - another non kindle owner
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:16 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Me also! - another non kindle owner
Another me too. And as I don't live in the US I couldn't buy a Kindle or a book from Kindle if I wanted to.

Moderator, would it be possible to put in the posting guidelines that posts about books available on the Kindle site include a mention of Kindle? then those of us who live outside the US would know that we needn't bother opening the post.

Alternatively if the book is in Mobipocket format but is available not only on the Kindle site but other places also that could be mentioned also so we would know that we could open the post and get potentially useful information.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Another me too. And as I don't live in the US I couldn't buy a Kindle or a book from Kindle if I wanted to.

Moderator, would it be possible to put in the posting guidelines that posts about books available on the Kindle site include a mention of Kindle? then those of us who live outside the US would know that we needn't bother opening the post.

Alternatively if the book is in Mobipocket format but is available not only on the Kindle site but other places also that could be mentioned also so we would know that we could open the post and get potentially useful information.

Regards, Alex
I understand where you're coming from, Alex. but it's simply impossible for us to keep such a close watch on our posts and more specifically, impose such strict regulations. I will however, talk with my editor colleagues about a sticky that asks the posters of Kindle books to specify if the books are also available for us poor non Kindle owners!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Steven, you will lose a lot of sales if your books are Kindle only. So it would be in your best interest to have your books in other formats and sold elsewhere besides Amazon. LRF, ePub, Mobipocket, and MS Reader would be the formats to offer your books in.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad

Sony 505 Owner, ePub user here!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:53 AM   #11
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I understand where you're coming from, Alex. but it's simply impossible for us to keep such a close watch on our posts and more specifically, impose such strict regulations. I will however, talk with my editor colleagues about a sticky that asks the posters of Kindle books to specify if the books are also available for us poor non Kindle owners!
I'm sorry, perhaps I should have expressed myself more clearly. I didn't for a moment expect you to police posts. I was thinking of something like the sticky you mentioned above.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:42 AM   #12
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Steven, Kindle only reduces your ebook sales potential dramatically.

The books sound very interesting, but I won't be reading them because they are apparently only available for the Kindle.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #13
stevenharper
Connoisseur
stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I'm working on it! I never thought I'd become a code guy, but here I am.
stevenharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenharper View Post
I'm working on it! I never thought I'd become a code guy, but here I am.
There are many very experienced book formatting members on MR who would more than likely be willing to help with producing other formats of your book. If you would like any help, please feel free to ask...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:56 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

Sony 505 Owner, ePub user here!

What she said, but with only three dittos.

Off-Topic:

Your dittos are misspelled, which caused alarms to flash close to my computer and a sick feeling of gastrointestinal distress in my lower gut (or perhaps it was the pizza from last night) -

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, science fiction