Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Europeans-suggestions...

My daughter needs to replace her phone and I thought to get her an Android device. Has to be not more than 150euros. She wants the Samsung Galaxy Ace...but it is very dated tech for the price. Any suggestions? We are in Greece and she usually uses phone cards rather than a service contract. This may not be possible with the smartphones?
Any info much appreciated!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Not sure at that price but I'd look into the Ace 2 it's a lot more respectable power wise the novathor cpu it contains is the same as in my Galaxy S Advance just underclocked a bit more and I've found it very good for battery and general usage.

As for the first Ace I wouldn't want to inflict it on a family member pretty poor cpu and poor storage makes it fairly useless for really anything but just calling/sms.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I'll look into it!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
rgeorg
Guru

Just ordered Ace 2 for good price of 150euros. Very good specs and reviews. DD should be happy!
Thanks
Old 05-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Just ordered Ace 2 for good price of 150euros. Very good specs and reviews. DD should be happy!
Thanks
Really Ace 3 was just announced a week or so ago . Just kidding I got Ace for my aunt she is not very tech savy but she liked it a lot. So when she lost it I got her an ace 2 in dec have heard no complains so far. I was looking at its spec they are better than my galaxy S that I bought 3 years ago and still havent upgraded.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #6
rgeorg
Guru

Well..I would expect as much (the Ace 3)! By the time something gets to Greece, a newer model is typically out. Doesn't matter, 'cause the price would be higher as well. The Ace 2 arrived, and is extremely nice! Almost makes me wish I hadn't got the SGP5 earlier this year. But the 5" size is probably better for my older eyes.

Daughter loves it and I bought a nice-looking flip cover/case from ebay for her to use. Now I can have fun and help her set it up. She's impressed that her "old" mother knows all about newer techie stuff (although I did teach comp sci for years!).

I just hope she uses hers for 3 years!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #7
redcat
redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.redcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: half a dozen
2 sim cards?
redcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
No just one
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote