Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #26341
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good Luck on your run, VydorScope! Until I hurt my knee I could do a ten mile walk, but running was never my style!

Now, back to my tea!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #26342
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yes, good luck with the run. I used to love to run, but the one thing that the knee surgeon said after my knee replacement was "No running." It's not that I can't, but it would break down the new knee much faster.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #26343
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well I am not dead!

1 hour, 33 mins, 22 seconds!

BTW, IMO, the coolest story is William Draper - he has run every year for the past FORTY YEARS! At 85 years old he completed the VA 10 mile in just over three hours. The only person to run all 40 years that the race has been in existence.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #26344
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well done, VydorScope. I toasted your finish with a glass of Oban 18 year.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:23 AM   #26345
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Afternoons are for Assam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Well I am not dead!

1 hour, 33 mins, 22 seconds!
Congrats!! I'm jealous! I always wanted to be a long distance runner, but it was not to be. Fencing bulked up my legs too much, and unevenly. And you did it with speed too! That's impressive. Keep up the good work. How's your Aikido going?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #26346
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Congrats!! I'm jealous! I always wanted to be a long distance runner, but it was not to be. Fencing bulked up my legs too much, and unevenly. And you did it with speed too! That's impressive. Keep up the good work. How's your Aikido going?

Stitchawl
Thanks I am not really a runner. I am more of a brick rolling down hill. A nearly 200 pounds, a fairly solid brick too. The only thing going for me is that I have the leg strength to maintain pace up hill. All the real runners complain that I catch them on the up hills, and this was a very hilly track.

The top 15 all came in under 50 mins, first place had a 4:45 pace for all ten miles. I saw him fly by. He looked like he was in a full spirit... and that was a mile 6 for him (mile 3 for me since it was a there and back course). Now, he is a runner.

Aikido is on hold, but will start back up soon. My son needed a fatherly touch to get back on track with school if you understand my meaning. So, as all parents do, everything was dropped that interfered with that. He is a great kid - just a bit to much like his father for his own good.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #26347
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations on the run with your son, VydorScope.

It's also nice to hear a parent that does choose to focus on school when needed.

Coffee in my cup and waking up on this beautiful Sunday morning.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #26348
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Good Sunday Morning everyone.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #26349
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Good Sunday Morning everyone.
Good morning, indeed. A big plate of Sunday Huevos Rancheros, a glass of fresh squeezed OJ, and Russian Caravan from Murchies for tea.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #26350
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Taking it slow (slowly?) with the first tea of the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #26351
CRussel
(he/him/his)

A quiet day here, and on the Sunshine Coast, where it rained pretty much all day. We finished off our all-Mexican day by making a batch of chicken enchiladas. And I had a non-Mexican Keith's IPA with them.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #26352
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Oolong in my cup. Glad that I cancelled my PW2 order, hubby ordered me one for my birthday. I knew I loved that man for a reason.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #26353
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Water in my cup.

I'm trying to resist any of the new ebook readers. I'm trying to hold out for one that's 300+dpi and a non-glas substrate. Perhaps another couple of years....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #26354
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water in my mug.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #26355
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Coffee in my cup, as I yawn my way to daytime.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?