Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Smile Pocketbook 623 how to get the english-chinese dictionary

Hi guys,

I am a new user for PB 623, so i want to get the free the dictionary for english--chinese. Or En---En.

thanks.
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Hello sbwtxj (what does this name meen ),

the best en-en dictionary you can find here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190769

Give me some time to find a free wordlist for en-cn and I will try to convert them to .dic format.

Regards
Ronny
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Hello again,

I found a mysql database with nearly 200.000 entries (Adsotrans) and extracted some data. Because I know nothing about chinese here is an example:

counter..........计数器......計數器
mother...........母亲........母親
water.............水...........水
finger.............手指.........手指
finger.............手指头.....手指頭

The first translation should be simple and the second traditional. Is that right?

Maybe this would be the largest en-cn dictionary. At this point it seems to be no problem to convert these data to .dic.

Please look at the examples and give me a sign if I am on the right way.

Regards
Ronny

Last edited by SIRSteiner; 10-21-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #4
OnlyHuman
OnlyHuman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch 623 Lux
Hello everybody,

@SIRSteiner: You are correct, the first is the simplified character and the second the traditional.

Would it be too much to ask for a Chinese-English dictionary as well (not to mention Chinese -German)? And to find the pinyin pronunciation would also be very helpful.

Maybe you can use information from the cc-cedict page (http://cc-cedict.org/wiki/). There are also dictionaries for MDict by Octopus Studio (http://www.octopus-studio.com/download.en.htm) that eventually could be adapted. And for Chinese-German you could lookup handedict (http://www.handedict.de/).

By the way, I just want to tell you that I really appreciate all your efforts in improving the poketbook readers. It's really great!

Kind regards
Sabine
OnlyHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

The english-chinese dictionary is ready:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225377

Over 155.000 entries! I hope it is enough.

@Sabine: I think there is only pinyin to english possible. Do you mean that?

Regards
Ronny
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

The chinese-english dictionary is also ready:

Old 10-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
OnlyHuman

@SIRSteiner
Wow, you are faster than lightning!

I've just installed both dictionaries on my pocketbook and they seem to work really fine when you open them from the mainscreen. But when you highlight the character and open the dictionary while using the adobe or fbreader the pinyin does not help much. Please excuse me if I am too greedy but is it possible to add two more Chinese Dictionaries with simplified and traditional characters as first entries? You really can say 'no' if it's too much trouble because I think you also have better things to do than to optimize the pocketboock. Nevertheless it would be great.

By the way, do you have any ideas how tzo make the pocketbook show Chinese characters in html files or the browser. Even if you use Chinese as the pocketbook's default language it only shows squares.

All the best
Sabine
Old 10-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyHuman View Post
@SIRSteiner
Wow, you are faster than lightning!
I do what I can...
Quote:
I've just installed both dictionaries on my pocketbook and they seem to work really fine when you open them from the mainscreen. But when you highlight the character and open the dictionary while using the adobe or fbreader the pinyin does not help much.
That's right. Nevertheless is it useful or not? I don't know because I know nearly nothing about the chinese language.
Quote:
Please excuse me if I am too greedy but is it possible to add two more Chinese Dictionaries with simplified and traditional characters as first entries?
Maybe it would be better to combine both? Or all in one?
Quote:
You really can say 'no' if it's too much trouble because I think you also have better things to do than to optimize the pocketboock. Nevertheless it would be great.
In general I'll have to go to work, take time for my family, swimming club and sometimes I must sleeping. But I can't say no and I like to help everyone who appreciate my work like most people and you.
Quote:
By the way, do you have any ideas how tzo make the pocketbook show Chinese characters in html files or the browser. Even if you use Chinese as the pocketbook's default language it only shows squares.
I also notice that but at this moment I haven't any idea. Maybe Forkosigan has an answer. If he don't read this message (just wait a little time) send this question to the support.
Quote:
All the best
Sabine
Same back
Ronny
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #9
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
hi there

for chinese in web browser, did you copied the proper font in /mnt/ext1/system/font of your PB?

Paolo

Last edited by paolog; 10-24-2013 at 05:09 PM.
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRSteiner View Post
The chinese-english dictionary is also ready:

Thanks ,i have got these.
So waiting my device on the shipping way.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #11
sbwtxj
Groupie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolog View Post
hi there

for chinese in web browser, did you copied the proper font in /mnt/ext1/system/font of your PB?

Paolo
Thanks Paolo!!!!

Thanks everyone.

The PB form is hot when someone need help!!!

I love it.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #12
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622

thanks
we give what we got!
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #13
SIRSteiner
Nameless Being

Hello again!

I made a dictionary with lemma in traditional and simplified chinese language based on the adsotrans database. But I think it is unusable because it is nearly impossible to mark a chinese word. I don't know if it is a firmware bug or a problem of my one and only chinese ebook. So please check that an give a feedback.

Thank you and regards
Ronny

PS: If you start the dictionary outside an ebook the keyboard has no chinese signs but if you type "no" you can browse through the 375.000 lemmas.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RS-Chinese(S+T)-English (Cn-En).zip (4.90 MB, 252 views)
Old 10-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #14
OnlyHuman

Hello everybody,

you can mark Chinese characters while using the fbreader. With the adobe reader I find it impossible.

I have tried your dictionary marking single characters and opening the dictionary. Unfortunately, the highlighted character hardly ever came up (only once - probably a mere coincidence). Thank you for trying anyway.

@paolo
I have simhei.ttf, simkai.ttf, AdobeHeitiSts.otf and AdobeMingStd.otf in the system\fonts folder. The pocketbook offers AR PL New Sung for Chinese Texts. And I have tried severel other fonts that I deleted afterwards. All seem to have had no effects on the browser. I guess it has something to do with the UTF-8 encoding of Chinese websites and that cannot be changed in the browser.

I allways find reading a Chinese epub on the reader an adventure. There are epubs that work fine with the adobe reader (apart from highlighting characters) but using the fbreader you will find only squares (even with the right font). With another epub it might be just the other way round. There are also some epubs that work fine with both readers.

Another feature I find rather strange: I use calibre to download Chinese newsfeeds and transfer those as epubs to my pocketbook. Then I change the setting to landscape mode so I have more characters in the table of content (=headlines). No problems so far, but when I turn off my device or close the epub and start it again, it has forgotten about the landscape mode and also about the page I had been on. I have no idea whether this is a pocketbook or a calibre feature.

But all this has nothing to do with the Chinese dictionaries, maybe we should open a new thread about 'Chinese on the pocketbook'.

Kind regards
Sabine
Old 10-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #15
sbwtxj
Groupie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyHuman View Post

But all this has nothing to do with the Chinese dictionaries, maybe we should open a new thread about 'Chinese on the pocketbook'.

Kind regards
Sabine
thanks Sabine,

We need a thread "Chinese on the pocketbook“,
because i found many problems on PB 623, such as font set, chinese file not read,dictionary not run in chinese file,etc.

I hope......