Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
J_Leno
Четолюбец
J_Leno began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 BC
PRS-600 - are there any software limits?

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a PRS-600 and I was wondering if it has any software
limits like "number of MB of PDF/other e-format" that it can handle ?

Where can I find through review concerning all possible technical aspects?

Thank in advance
J_Leno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Some have mentioned putting larger PDF files (30 - 50 MB) on the Sony Readers and they work, although sometimes slow. I believe the only real limit is the amount of memory that is available.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
It's not a limit of number of files, but the more you add to a SD card the slower, much slower, the scan gets when you make changes or a full power on.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Leno View Post
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a PRS-600 and I was wondering if it has any software
limits like "number of MB of PDF/other e-format" that it can handle ?

Where can I find through review concerning all possible technical aspects?

Thank in advance
Hi:
I have a prs700, basically the same hardware. I have opened a 160 MB pdf with 5000 double col pages and some graphics, it worked fine but slowly.
Regards.
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There is a practical limit of probably a couple of thousand files loaded on the device at once, due to the "scan" that the Reader does every time you disconnect the USB cable or plug in a memory card.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert