Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
pmatch1104
Enthusiast
pmatch1104 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Question How can you get rid of duplicate books?

I have a Nook and love the Calibre software! But, somehow I have several epub documents that I've uploaded that have duplicates. I've tried removing the books with the duplicates (both copies), closing out of Calibre, and then restarting my computer, but as soon as I add the book back into the library, Calibre shows "Main (2 books...) under On Device.

How can I get rid of these duplicates copies once and for all? Out of 220 books, there are 5 that have duplicates. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

pmatch1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
If you delete from the Library, you don't necessarily delete from the device. Be sure you have the device turned on and you select to delete from the device vs from the library itself.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
pmatch1104
Enthusiast

I've tried that to no avail. I deleted the books from the Calibre Library and from the "My Documents" folder on the Nook. I closed Calibre, ejected the Nook, and even restarted my computer and as soon as I add the book back to the Calibre Library and send to the Nook, it shows two copies.

Any other suggestions? I'll try anything.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hmmm...I think this sounds more like a Nook issue vs a Calibre one. I'd post your same q in the Nook forum and see what they have to say. (Since I don't have one, I can't be much help.)
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #5
pmatch1104
Enthusiast

Thanks for the idea. I checked the Nook and that is where the problem was. Just an FYI to anyone else who encounters this problem ... even though I deleted the dupes in Calibre and from the Nook folder on my computer, the dupes were still on the eReader itself. Once I deleted them on the Nook, they were gone. I have no idea how the dupes got there in the first place, but I at least now I know how to get rid of them if this ever happens again.
Advert

Tags
delete duplicate books