Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
M-Edge K3 Covers and Customer Service !

I think that M-Edge dropped the ball, See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100519 they made a Real mistake promising and not having covers ready for the Kindle 3, and not even before the end of September,

However after a few doubts over them actually reading email content they DID prove to have excellent customer service, having had a few gripes as above, they gave me a 20% discount (Which was never what we were looking for) on the order for Wendie’s Latitude Cover and Journey Bag plus the Light too,

This basically almost covered the postage cost to the UK, The order confirmed and Dispatched very very quickly, we were able to track the FedEx package very well hour by hour,

LESS than 36 hours after ordering, a very well packed parcel arrived intact with everything in it as ordered, all was in perfect order,

Quality wise these cases are absolutely excellent, way above what I had expected, making them well worth the cost,

I had separately ordered myself an Executive Jacket and the light, the email confirmed the order promptly, but not dispatch, it was just before the weekend, so I hoped Monday evening (Morning in the US) would bring the email,

However …. This has NOT happened, but don’t worry M-Edge came through, 9.15am Monday morning, The package arrived !

Again perfect order, and an excellent case, I already had the Sony Touch version,

I still don’t have the dispatch email …. But I think we’ll forgive them for that LOL

We have spent a lot on covers etc from M-Edge, and despite the niggles I’d recommend them thoroughly, quality wise few can be better, and prices seem spot on, even with postage to the UK.

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Good to hear that you finally received your long awaited M-Edge covers and that they - and the Customer Service your received - have exceeded your expectations.

I'm jealous that you received your cover only 36 hours after ordering it - and you're in the UK. I ordered my Oberon cover on October 4th and I'm still waiting for it. Oh well - I guess it's being made by hand after they personally tanned and dyed the leather.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
Good to hear that you finally received your long awaited M-Edge covers and that they - and the Customer Service your received - have exceeded your expectations.

I'm jealous that you received your cover only 36 hours after ordering it - and you're in the UK. I ordered my Oberon cover on October 4th and I'm still waiting for it. Oh well - I guess it's being made by hand after they personally tanned and dyed the leather.

Holly

Yeah it was amazingly speedy, and worth the wait, we love the cases, But I do envy you your Oberon

It will be worth the wait No matter how painful it is waiting

Old 10-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

From what I have read about Oberon, I am sure that the wait will be worth it. It is supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. Needless to say, my "naked" Kindle is not allowed to leave the house so I'm looking forward to having the protection of a cover.

The M-Edge covers look very nice, too, and seem to be quite popular with the folks here - I think you made a wise decision, and still get to put food on the table, unlike me with my costly (self-indulgent ) Oberon cover!

Holly
Old 10-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
Peake
Peake began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm glad you got good service with your covers, Kevin That's funny that you hadn't received the dispatch notice before your order.

Oakiris, you'll love your Oberon cover. I got the Celtic Hounds in wine for my husband's k3, and it is gorgeous. I was surprised at the thickness of the leather, but it still wasn't too heavy to hold and read, and the kindle is very well protected. I also was self-indulgent, and snuck in a pewter hairclip for myself, lol.

Regards,
Peake
Peake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
OakIris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peake View Post
Oakiris, you'll love your Oberon cover. I got the Celtic Hounds in wine for my husband's k3, and it is gorgeous. I was surprised at the thickness of the leather, but it still wasn't too heavy to hold and read, and the kindle is very well protected. I also was self-indulgent, and snuck in a pewter hairclip for myself, lol.

Regards,
Peake
I thought about getting the Hounds or the Bold Celtic cover, but I ended up getting the Tree of Life cover in saddle because I am partial to oak trees! I am rather tempted to buy one of their pewter belt buckles and/or one of their leather card cases for use as a minimalist wallet, but thus far I have been able to resist.

Kevin - just curious, are you going to be getting a book light for your Kindle? M-Edge makes this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...V6Z2PZ56PMWSV8 which I believe fits a pocket in both the Executive and Latitude covers. (Oddly, I was only able to find the white version of this light on the M-Edge site, but Amazon sells both colors.) Of course, shipping and VAT charges may not make it worth it for you to buy, but it might be nice to have a light that is actually made for use with your cover.

Holly
Old 10-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
From what I have read about Oberon, I am sure that the wait will be worth it. It is supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. Needless to say, my "naked" Kindle is not allowed to leave the house so I'm looking forward to having the protection of a cover.

The M-Edge covers look very nice, too, and seem to be quite popular with the folks here - I think you made a wise decision, and still get to put food on the table, unlike me with my costly (self-indulgent ) Oberon cover!

Holly
OakIris. The Oberoncover is really worth waiting for. I'm travelling and walking all day with it; hanging on one arm in the Parisian subway with the cover folded backwards--the elastic on one finger and the thumb available for turning pages. Also I've got a good hold on the cover because of the pattern; the wild roses. So far nobody in the subway made an admiring remark at me reading Jane Eyre digitally with such a nice cover. A bit disappointing, but I keep flashing the Kindle around.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
OakIris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
OakIris. The Oberoncover is really worth waiting for. I'm travelling and walking all day with it; hanging on one arm in the Parisian subway with the cover folded backwards--the elastic on one finger and the thumb available for turning pages. Also I've got a good hold on the cover because of the pattern; the wild roses. So far nobody in the subway made an admiring remark at me reading Jane Eyre digitally with such a nice cover. A bit disappointing, but I keep flashing the Kindle around.

There is a definite "pride in possession" attitude among Oberon owners. I'll probably end up flashing mine about, too. Conspicuous consumption, anyone?!? My cover will get here today - UPS-willing. Unfortunately, UPS seems to only make late day deliveries here - around 6 or 7 PM usually - and I will be working. But what fun when I get home!!

Kevin - sorry, I'm really not trying to have this M-Edge thread degenerate into another "Yay, I got an Oberon" thread. I am surprised that more M-Edge owners haven't chimed in - I know there are plenty of M-Edge fans here.

Holly
Old 10-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Kevin;yes, excuses also for trespassing on your topic.

Last edited by desertblues; 10-14-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: grammar,grammar
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #10
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
I thought about getting the Hounds or the Bold Celtic cover, but I ended up getting the Tree of Life cover in saddle because I am partial to oak trees! I am rather tempted to buy one of their pewter belt buckles and/or one of their leather card cases for use as a minimalist wallet, but thus far I have been able to resist.

Kevin - just curious, are you going to be getting a book light for your Kindle? M-Edge makes this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...V6Z2PZ56PMWSV8 which I believe fits a pocket in both the Executive and Latitude covers. (Oddly, I was only able to find the white version of this light on the M-Edge site, but Amazon sells both colors.) Of course, shipping and VAT charges may not make it worth it for you to buy, but it might be nice to have a light that is actually made for use with your cover.

Holly

Yes Holly, shame M-Edge only do the white, I got a black one for the Sony, the neck length on that is shorter, but I had the white for the K3, hey it works .... so not to worried about looks with black case
Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
OakIris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Yes Holly, shame M-Edge only do the white, I got a black one for the Sony, the neck length on that is shorter, but I had the white for the K3, hey it works .... so not to worried about looks with black case
What, not obsessed with proper Kindle decor? Cool - you have a light and case and are pleased with both. Me too!

Holly
Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
What, not obsessed with proper Kindle decor? Cool - you have a light and case and are pleased with both. Me too!

Holly

Old 11-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #13
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

UPDATE

I'm very very clumsy, always breaking, dropping, losing things,

The other day, while changing the Battery on my new light ... Yep I dropped it and was totally unable to find the screw on battery cap on the light, which forms part of the circuit and makes it work,

Well no idea where it got too, but a quick Email to M-Edge asking about cost of replacement including postage (Shipping), A very very prompt response telling me they were posting 2 out to me ... I thought was another example of Great Customer Service !

Thank You M-Edge,
Old 11-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
OakIris
Addict

You're going to make us think you are a loyal M-Edge customer and a real fan!

Good to hear that they came through for you again.

Holly
Old 11-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #15
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
You're going to make us think you are a loyal M-Edge customer and a real fan!

Good to hear that they came through for you again.

Holly

Your right ...

I ought to be on their payroll hadn't I

Maybe I Am