Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
kiszombi
kiszombi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Unhappy Kobo factory reset doesnt work

I could not turn on my Kobo touch and after updating my desktop mngr tried everything from the pin reset, the sliding of power button together with the home button, etc. nothing works.
the factory reset showed up after numerous attempts and it is stuck there for a day now. "restoring your device to factory defaults... this will take several minutes"

I would be very happy if someone could help. it is my daughter's Kobo and she is blaming me of course... she's 12 and smart!!!!
thanks in advance
kiszombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Try another paper clip reset (if the screen is still frozen) also plug it init might have died. That happened to me as well when I had to do a Factory Reset, the paperclip while frozen on 'Restoring to Factory Defaults" worked for me.

Last edited by The Terminator; 10-18-2011 at 08:50 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Try plugging your Kobo in an letting it charge for about an hour first, then attempt a reset.

Do the paper clip thing first. If that doesn't work: hold down the slider for half a minute, release (to make sure it's turned off), hold the home button and then hold the slider until you see a blue light flash.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
kiszombi

thanks for the advices, but doesn't seem to help... I think this baby is ready for garbage.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you been in touch with Kobo Support?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #6
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiszombi View Post
thanks for the advices, but doesn't seem to help... I think this baby is ready for garbage.
Make sure the device is charged (plug it in for about 30 minutes or so) and then:

1. Hold the power button down for about 15 seconds to make sure the device is off.

2. Hold down the home button and power the device on while keeping it held down. This should force a factory reset.

3. Set the device up again using the Kobo desktop application as per the device instructions.

Let me know how it goes.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
kiszombi

yes they promised me to send another one, but i haven't heard back from them since
Old 10-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
kiszombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Make sure the device is charged (plug it in for about 30 minutes or so) and then:

1. Hold the power button down for about 15 seconds to make sure the device is off.

2. Hold down the home button and power the device on while keeping it held down. This should force a factory reset.

3. Set the device up again using the Kobo desktop application as per the device instructions.

Let me know how it goes.
it does not help
Old 10-29-2011, 02:25 AM   #9
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Did you get a ticket #? I can check it for you.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote