Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
nickhawkes88
nickhawkes88 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
How do authors/publishers market their eBooks?

This is an interesting question for me, as I work in a small publishing company.

I have often been asked how best to market eBooks by indie authors etc, so i thought I would open it up to you guys.

So how have people marketed their eBooks in the past? Have you actively marketed them, or have you left it at putting them on sites like Amazon and seeing what happens?

What have been your successes, or your pitfalls when it comes to marketing?

I welcome everyones thoughts on these, as ultimately the better the eBooks are marketed, the more chance they have of providing joy to the most amount of readers!
nickhawkes88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Eastlondonboy
Banned
Eastlondonboy doesn't litterEastlondonboy doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhawkes88 View Post
This is an interesting question for me, as I work in a small publishing company.

I have often been asked how best to market eBooks by indie authors etc, so i thought I would open it up to you guys.

So how have people marketed their eBooks in the past? Have you actively marketed them, or have you left it at putting them on sites like Amazon and seeing what happens?

What have been your successes, or your pitfalls when it comes to marketing?

I welcome everyones thoughts on these, as ultimately the better the eBooks are marketed, the more chance they have of providing joy to the most amount of readers!
It's very very difficult! And involves a lot of time on forums such as these
Eastlondonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I tried a "Buy the book or die" promotion, but it didn't go over well.

Since being released, my strategy is to give away free short stories that promote my books. I'll let you know how it goes once I have a couple more books published.

Last edited by John Carroll; 03-11-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: remove smiley
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote