Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
ndtvideas123
ndtvideas123 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PRS 505 not displaying SD card content

I have a Sony PRS 505 with a 2GB Transcend SD card.
Everything was working fine. Once while Xfering
content using the slibrary /w, I later removed the device and it suddenly does not show the SD card content (only shows internal memory ones).

I did try formatting first using FAT (and then FAT32).

While the SD card does show under My Computer with all the pdf files, when I insert it into my laptop card reader, the PRS device will not show card content.

I have tried everthying that I was told by Sony people...Still does not help.

Just to add more info (though I do not think that this might be the cause), I think the issue occurred after
a. I updated the software to the latest from the Sony site (around 15 MB). Not sure if there is a bug in this update.
b. For some reasons, the "Safely removed hardware" icon was not
appearing in the task bar and I had removed the Reader after shutting down my PC.

Please help me.
Thank you.
ndtvideas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
1. Check if another card works
2. Try resetting the unit
3. Try reapplying the update (search forum for instructions on editing PRSVersion.dat)
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 02:21 AM   #3
ndtvideas123

Thanks for replying..

1. I tried another SD card. It works.
2. Resetting did not help (tried 2-3 times)
3. I am not sure how to reapply the update. Did not find much info about that here.

Another info: SD card content shows up in the eBook Library software, but not on the device.

Also, what formatting works for the card (FAT / FAT32) ?
Thank you.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
If another card works then it's likely something's wrong with the card. Try Panasonic format utility.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:05 AM   #5
ndtvideas123

ok...I'll try that...Thank you so much...

You say that something's wrong with the card...But, as I told, I can access it's content from;
a. the ebook library s/w and
b. by inserting it in the card reader slot of my laptop

So, is it still defective?
Advert
Old 09-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
ndtvideas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
If another card works then it's likely something's wrong with the card. Try Panasonic format utility.
Thank you so much for all your help...Formatting with the Panasonic utility worked and the reader now detects the card....
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!

I'll recommend this site to all my friends...

BTW...Not sure what suddenly went wrong with the SD card / PRS device that it stopped detecting...

Thank you again...