Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
rubyqueen23
rubyqueen23 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
requesting help with a feature

hello there, i have been using calibre for some time now and have been exploring the features slowly. recently i updated the calibre and now I am facing a issue a a feature that previously worked.

i had been using mark books feature to earmark my favorite books and the books that i want to read. in the previous version of the calibre even after closing the program the books used to remain marked after re opening the program. however after updating the program this feature is no longer working. i have lost the previously marked books and the newly marked books dont remain on the restart of the program. kindly request you to help resolve the same.

regards
ruby
rubyqueen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Mark books is intended to be a temporary marks, it is never remembered when restarting calibre, this has been true always, for all version of calibre. The only exception to that is if you use the find duplicated plugin which saves and restores some marks automatically (this behavior is actullay a bug in find duplicates).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #3
rubyqueen23
rubyqueen23 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
thank you very much for your prompt reply. my initial version of calible had been formatted for me by a friend of mine so im unaware of how he achieved the same.
one again thank you.
regards
ruby
rubyqueen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
For your Favorites you might want to take advantage of the Rating column. If it's not already visible you can find it under Preferences=>Add your own columns then check the corresponding box.

For your To Read books you could either create a custom column to mark them, use a To Read tag, or you might take a look at the Reading List Plugin.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote