Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
maccafan
maccafan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Metadata missing after upgrade to 0.83

I just upgraded/updated my Calibre to 0.833 and now none of the book information shows up in the metadata panel. I have the covers but that's all. When I look in my folders on the computer, the individual book metadata.opf files are all at 0 mb but the main metadata.db is over 2 mb. Any ideas how to get the metadata to show? Would the database rebuild itself if I just deleted it?

Last edited by maccafan; 01-05-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: additional question
maccafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccafan View Post
I just upgraded/updated my Calibre to 0.833 and now none of the book information shows up in the metadata panel. I have the covers but that's all. When I look in my folders on the computer, the individual book metadata.opf files are all at 0 mb but the main metadata.db is over 2 mb. Any ideas how to get the metadata to show? Would the database rebuild itself if I just deleted it?
The database does not just rebuild itself.

But you may have a filter in place (there will be a Yellow blob with numbers near the Magnify glass), change the box to the LEFT to be blank (will say:Restrict to)

OR
you have a Search in place: click the clear arrow (with a x)at the Right end

0 size OPF files is not good news , those are the way Calibre rebuilds your exact metadata
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
maccafan

I tried both those suggestions but nothing changed :-(

When I ask the program to download the metadata, it does because if I look at the log, it's there. But on the panel where the book description should be is blank. But if I double click on that panel, it shows up in the book description that pops up. Help!

Last edited by maccafan; 01-05-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I tried both those suggestions but nothing changed :-(

When I ask the program to download the metadata, it does because if I look at the log, it's there. But on the panel where the book description should be is blank. But if I double click on that panel, it shows up in the book description that pops up. Help!
Do any columns show up, even if empty?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Can you post a screenshot showing the Calibre desktop. A picture is worth a lot of back and forth
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
maccafan

Columns? The usual ones are across the top. I'm talking about the panel where the book cover and description are supposed to be. The description or comments are empty.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
maccafan

I'll try :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	80829  
Old 01-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I'll try :-)
That is NOT metadata missing. That is COMMENTS missing
Someone else had just this same issue

Preferences: Look and Feel: Book Details (tab): make sure Comments is ticked (along with any other fields you wish to see in the bottom pane)
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #9
maccafan

Thank you!!! I previously had that option checked :-) I wonder if the upgrade caused it to become unchecked? Weird, huh? Anyroad!!! I sincerely appreciate your help...and so fast :-)))
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There was a bug in earlier calibre releases that caused calibre to ignore that setting for comments. This bug was fixed, so as a result if you hav=d unchecked that setting previously your comments would be hidden after the upgrade.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #11
maccafan

Comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There was a bug in earlier calibre releases that caused calibre to ignore that setting for comments. This bug was fixed, so as a result if you hav=d unchecked that setting previously your comments would be hidden after the upgrade.
The comments option had been checked "before" the upgrade but was not checked afterward. Therefore, no comments were showing. This is why I came here looking for help and was told to go in and see if it was checked. I appreciate the help...

Tags
metadata.db