Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #871
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
OK, I installed the latest version, and there is a black line across the top, just above the title. Unfortunately the screenshot I took doesn't show this, so I uploaded the original screenshot and an edited image to show what I see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-20-16-49-15.png
Views:	418
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	119314   Click image for larger version

Name:	CR.png
Views:	375
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	119315  
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 AM   #872
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
OK, I installed the latest version, and there is a black line across the top, just above the title. Unfortunately the screenshot I took doesn't show this, so I uploaded the original screenshot and an edited image to show what I see.
Strange.
If you turn toolbar off in settings, do you still see black rectangle?
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2014, 05:03 AM   #873
brouer
Enthusiast
brouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipedia

Device: Various Android devices
Latest version in Market seems to have trouble picking up new fonts.

The fonts that were present in /sdcard/Fonts when I installed Cool Reader were recognised.
But any fonts added after that, don't show up in Cool Reader's font selector.
brouer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:27 AM   #874
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by brouer View Post
Latest version in Market seems to have trouble picking up new fonts.

The fonts that were present in /sdcard/Fonts when I installed Cool Reader were recognised.
But any fonts added after that, don't show up in Cool Reader's font selector.
Try restarting Cool Reader. It reads fonts on start only.
Exit app using Menu / Exit.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #875
brouer
Enthusiast
brouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipediabrouer knows more than wikipedia

Device: Various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Try restarting Cool Reader. It reads fonts on start only.
Exit app using Menu / Exit.
I tried that at the time, but it didn't work.
But I just tried a "Force Stop", and that did the trick.

I'm running Cyanogen 11 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and an HTC One S. Both exhibited the came behaviour.
brouer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2014, 05:07 AM   #876
Carbosomi
Carbosomi began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy note 3
Hi! I have problem with my galaxy note 3 and coolreader. The font doesn't change size from 32 and up and it's too small to read. Also it displays some kind of code in the text. Had a note 1 before and it worked great. I took a screenshot to try make it clearer.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-01-11-49-01.png
Views:	366
Size:	829.6 KB
ID:	119736  
Carbosomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #877
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
I don't know about the fontsize, but that garbage seems like nasty errors in the book itself. If it's an epub, check it with epubcheck and/or Calibre editor's check function.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #878
ddinc
ddinc began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Simple Touch
change font color how

The font color has changed.
Tried all handles.
Could not make the color stick.
ddinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:10 AM   #879
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Strange.
If you turn toolbar off in settings, do you still see black rectangle?
Hi, sorry for getting back to you late, I've been ill for quite a while. I just tried to turn the toolbar off, but it doesn't seem to make any difference: the bar is still there, with the difference that when i go back to the book from settings, it's transparent. When I open another book, it goes back to being black.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:35 AM   #880
jremde
jremde began at the beginning.

Device: Android Motorola HD Razr
Cool Reader is my favorite reader when I create epub files.
But it doesn't always display tables correctly.

When a <table> spans multiple pages (or screens), it often gets cut off at the bottom of the first page.
However some large tables do appear across several pages, so I know that Cool Reader has the capability of displaying them correctly.

I would like to know how to ensure that tables are consistently displayed in full without getting cut off.

Thanks for any suggestions!
jremde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #881
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
Any news on a fix for the image scaling bug that was identified some time ago? Images still don't scale up to the full screen size like they do in other readers, and the settings in the options seem to be ignored.

I've tried changing the settings by manually editing the configuration file in a text editor, to no avail. All images including the book cover are tiny.

I use Cool Reader primarily on my Nook STG, and I'm very grateful for such a fantastic replacement (and improvement) over the stock reader. But I'm still a little unsure about all of the features and what they do.

Could somebody please tell me what effect font gamma has? I think it's set at 1.5 by default on the Nook. I can't see a difference changing it: is it supposed to make text appear darker or lighter? Is that what checking font kerning does?

My biggest question mark lies with the screen refresh modes: What is the difference between Fast and Fast 2? I have been using the former, but out of curiosity, would like to know what the latter does.
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:52 AM   #882
WaltP
WaltP began at the beginning.

Device: Alcatel Fierce
Manual Needed

I too just loaded Cool Reader. Looking for a manual since I don't have a clue what the icons mean nor how to use the app. I couldn't find a manual anywhere - in the app nor on the main site.

I also have no idea how to find books. I usually used Gutenberg and the only options are Popular, Latest, Random. I have deeper interests than that. How can I find books by authors.

I tried tapping one of the other book sites listed (ShuCang.org) and it started a download. How do you cancel the download?

Thanks
Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:03 AM   #883
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
I too just loaded Cool Reader. Looking for a manual since I don't have a clue what the icons mean nor how to use the app. I couldn't find a manual anywhere - in the app nor on the main site.
You can find Cool Reader information at the Mobileread Wiki here.

You can find a user guide at Cool Reader's Sourceforge site here.

I thought that the Cool Reader manual was included with the Google Play APK download but I may be mistaken, since I got the first one a really long time ago. There have been a lot of changes since my first download.

The two links above should at least get you started.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:15 AM   #884
WaltP
WaltP began at the beginning.

Device: Alcatel Fierce
Thanks, Dave. Is that the extent of the information available?

Right now the app is stuck on downloading from legimi.com. It won't finish. I don't know how to abort the process. It's been stuck since my last post.
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:22 AM   #885
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Thanks, Dave. Is that the extent of the information available?
Like I mentioned previously, there is a manual.

Quote:
Right now the app is stuck on downloading from legimi.com. It won't finish. I don't know how to abort the process. It's been stuck since my last post.
Rebooting Android will stop ANY running process.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader