Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #841
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Actually this is the right thread for epub fonts stuff, I think:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66102

Quote:
And how LRF looks fine with all letters and EPUB don't? They don't use the same font in PRS-505?
They don't.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #842
PaladinBL
Enthusiast
PaladinBL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
If I make some costumizations with PRSCustomizer and after that I want to make new customizations is it necessary to deinstall/flash or I can install new customizations over previous?
PaladinBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #843
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinBL View Post
If I make some costumizations with PRSCustomizer and after that I want to make new customizations is it necessary to deinstall/flash or I can install new customizations over previous?
If you want added customizations, you reflash.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #844
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
By the way, I found a bug with PRSCustomizer. When you flash and get the clock, the page numbers are screwed up. For ePub you should be getting pages that look like 1, 2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc... But what we get are 1,2,2,3,4,5,5 etc...

Can this be fixed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #845
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
By the way, I found a bug with PRSCustomizer. When you flash and get the clock, the page numbers are screwed up. For ePub you should be getting pages that look like 1, 2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, etc... But what we get are 1,2,2,3,4,5,5 etc...

Can this be fixed?
I don't know, but I'll certainly look at it. Thanks for the report!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #846
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
I don't know, but I'll certainly look at it. Thanks for the report!
Your welcome. PRS+ had the same bug. But that's since been fixed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #847
Kore
Enthusiast
Kore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Is this software safe to use with a PRS-600?
Are the two firmware options PRS-505 only?

Thank you.
Kore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #848
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kore View Post
It doesn't work with prs 600.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #849
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kore View Post
Are the two firmware options PRS-505 only?

Thank you.
Sorry, PRS-505 only.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #850
dom58
dom58 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
PRScustomizer worked well but name and contact details didn't appeared... tried twice but no way. What would have i done wrongly?
dom58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #851
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom58 View Post
PRScustomizer worked well but name and contact details didn't appeared... tried twice but no way. What would have i done wrongly?
Check your "About" screen -- Settings->About from the top level menu.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #852
dom58
dom58 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks for your prompt reply... and sorry for my stupid question. I was expecting something different (ido not know why) and I did not read carefully the about page, my details are there!
dom58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #853
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom58 View Post
Thanks for your prompt reply... and sorry for my stupid question. I was expecting something different (ido not know why) and I did not read carefully the about page, my details are there!
No problem
Old 07-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #854
papa54
papa54 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Trouble with Hungarian Characters

I'm a newborn owner and I need help. I'm from Hungary so I've got some troubles with Hungarian Fonts. I followed the Guide to Changing Fonts, tried trice, twice it bricked my Reader. I am worried that it will completely break down.

The only difference in my process was because of the necessity of Hungarian characters, that's why I've chosen FreeSerif from Free Fonts.

Could this type of Fonts cause such a bricking? Or there might be a bug in the Guide.

Thanks for your help in advance!
papa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #855
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa54 View Post
Trouble with Hungarian Characters

I'm a newborn owner and I need help. I'm from Hungary so I've got some troubles with Hungarian Fonts. I followed the Guide to Changing Fonts, tried trice, twice it bricked my Reader. I am worried that it will completely break down.

The only difference in my process was because of the necessity of Hungarian characters, that's why I've chosen FreeSerif from Free Fonts.

Could this type of Fonts cause such a bricking? Or there might be a bug in the Guide.

Thanks for your help in advance!
I've had a similar problem in the past fooling with fonts. It's a black art

Try Valloric's font thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28447