Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Samsung Working on Unbreakable AMOLED Display

Recall how innovative the Readius, seemed at the time with the folding up eInk device. Now Samsung is showing the same innovation with it's AMOLED technology. It would be real nice to have a 5" screen fold up into a gum stick size phone.

Full story

Polymer Readius (link...)

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
As soon as I find my hammer, I'll try this on my the Super AMOLED display of my Samsung Galaxy S....
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
That's pretty impressive! I wonder if the reading experience is diminished with a screen that may not remain perfectly flat.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #4
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
That's pretty impressive! I wonder if the reading experience is diminished with a screen that may not remain perfectly flat.
Well I don't think this was ever a problem with newspapers or books.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
As soon as I find my hammer, I'll try this on my the Super AMOLED display of my Samsung Galaxy S....
Pictures please

Quote:
I wonder if they will have screens with crease in them or just make them flexible enough to roll up.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Well I don't think this was ever a problem with newspapers or books.
It certainly has been an issue for me with books. Take for example a hardback book with many pages. In the early going, the pages on the left side do not lie flat, and are not as easy to read as the pages on the right.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Wow, that's just amazing! Cant wait to see it on some device.

Btw, does it look to you, like the readius has a permanent curve, where it folds to roll up? This would be pretty annoying. I can't figure it out, if this is just a tube lamp up there or a slight curve on the screen...
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Quote:
It certainly has been an issue for me with books. Take for example a hardback book with many pages. In the early going, the pages on the left side do not lie flat, and are not as easy to read as the pages on the right.
I find your point to be one of the main advantages of ereaders - they just stay flat.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
malligator
Enthusiast
malligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
But does it blend?
malligator is offline   Reply With Quote