Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Chabis
Chabis began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hello From New Hampshire

Greetings to all you ebook readers.

This past weekend I met with some family members who were into ebook readers. One favored the Kindle the other the Sony. They encouraged me to play around with both and demonstrated the capabilities of each. Needless to say, as an avid reader, I was hooked.

I chose to go with the Sony becuase of its ability to easily download freebies as well as its smaller size and ergonomic design.

Most of my reading would fall into the class of "classics." But that said I'll be looking to download some newer stuff too - especially mystery novels by P.D. James and the like.

I've been told that this is a very supportive and knowledgeable group and I am looking forward to getting to 'know' you.

-Chabis
Chabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Welcome!

Mobile Read has an awesome collection of ebooks
lovingly hand-formatted by members - a variety
of genres. Check out the "Ebooks" link at top of page.

You can also get Public Library ebooks on your 505.
Check the Wiki here on MR: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries

Check out the DC library. It says unstated fee for non-resident
but I filled out form online and got immediate access.. no fee, and
I'm a non-resident.

Enjoy your 505!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Chabis.

You will find lots of friendly helpful people here.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, and scour the forums for more info.

enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Chabis and welcome to MobileRead. Good choice on the Sony!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote