Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
ekanters
ekanters began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre content server - Kindle - Password

Hi,

Just an owner of a Kindle Touch. When looking for my Calibre content server I cannot connect using username and password. Only when I remove the password in by Calibre content server my Kindle can connect in the experimental Kindle web browser.

As I would like to have some authentication to access my library from outside I would like to be able to use a password with the callable content server.

Anyone with the same problem? Any suggestions for a solution?

Regards.
ekanters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The answer is to bug Amazon to add password support to their browser.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
ekanters
ekanters began at the beginning.

Device: none
So this issue is real?
ekanters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I know it is an issue with the Kindle Fire. I am not sure if it applies to the Kindle Touch. It does not apply to the K3 or K4 as far as I know.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server, password