Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Sansa Clip+ for $30 -- 22 Nov Only

The SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4GB is today's featured Black Friday Week deal at Amazon. Retailing for $45 and normally selling in the $35~$40 range, it's on sale for $30 today (22 Nov) only.

This is a great device for audiobooks and always scores high marks when reviewed. I own several and it's, by far, my favorite gadget because of it's small size and feature set.

Please note that there is now a newer model called the Clip Zip. It's basically the same thing with the addition of a color display (LP artwork only), AAC support, and a separate folder for audiobooks. This model retails for $70 (8GB) and $50 (4GB). It sells for around $57 and $47 respectively. Currently, the 8GB model is on sale at Costco (in-store) for only $40 ($55 - $15 instant rebate). That's an excellent price. I believe the sale goes through 27 Nov. I just bought this model because of the audiobooks folder and am testing it out.
  • Sansa Clip+ 4GB -- Amazon ($30) - 22 Nov only
  • Sansa Clip Zip 8GB -- Costco ($40) - thru 27 Nov

Black Friday Deals
  • Sansa Clip Zip 4GB -- Best Buy ($30) / RadioShack ($35)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2011 at 07:36 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I bought one last month - it is a wonderful mp3 player - easy menus & directions for the tech-challenged.

Wonder if I need a back-up .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Of course you do

It's just a matter of deciding which one
Old 11-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
I loved my Clip+ until the actual clip on the back broke. My original Clip (without +) still works just fine. Maybe I need a new Clip +...?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #5
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I bought one last month - it is a wonderful mp3 player - easy menus & directions for the tech-challenged.

Not to mention you can improve it by installing Rockbox on it....
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I loved my Clip+ until the actual clip on the back broke. My original Clip (without +) still works just fine. Maybe I need a new Clip +...?
Ooooo... you have the rare Clip-
Old 11-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Please note that there is now a newer model called the Clip Zip. It's basically the same thing with the addition of a color display (LP artwork only), AAC support, and a separate folder for audiobooks. This model retails for $70 (8GB) and $50 (4GB). It sells for around $57 and $47 respectively. Currently, the 8GB model is on sale at Costco (in-store) for only $40 ($55 - $15 instant rebate). That's an excellent price. I believe the sale goes through 27 Nov. I just bought this model because of the audiobooks folder and am testing it out.
The 4gb Clip Zip is on sale on Black Friday at Best Buy for $29.99, and at Radio Shack for $34.99--the ads are here.

I would be interested to know how the Clip Zip handles audio books. I saw a review somewhere complaining that it didn't do well with them.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
who of you all has tried the rockbox firmware on them?
am curious about since i ve only a zen stone plus so no rockbox for me
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I would be interested to know how the Clip Zip handles audio books. I saw a review somewhere complaining that it didn't do well with them.
I picked up the 8GB Clip Zip at Costco over the weekend. Later today or tomorrow, I'll do an audiobook side-by-side with my Clip+ and report my experiences. With Costco's 90-day return policy on electronics, I can always take it back if I'm not satisfied.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
who of you all has tried the rockbox firmware on them?
am curious about since i ve only a zen stone plus so no rockbox for me
I do, and I very much like it. Mostly, I use it to give myself different visualization options. It also allows me to collect Last.fm data which I can upload. I kinda miss having a player with album art, but it is a hell of a player for such a small size.
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I own a Sansa Clip+ and love it! I paid $35 for mine at walmart.com about two years ago.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
I kinda miss having a player with album art, but it is a hell of a player for such a small size.
The new Clip Zip has a 1.1" full color screen and displays album art.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
I picked up the 8GB Clip Zip at Costco over the weekend. Later today or tomorrow, I'll do an audiobook side-by-side with my Clip+ and report my experiences. With Costco's 90-day return policy on electronics, I can always take it back if I'm not satisfied.
Please do, I'm planning on going to Costco on Saturday and I might want to get it.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
for all thos who hasn't tried yet: the firmware I spoke of is here: http://www.rockbox.org/
the clip zip is currently in the works (unstable atm)
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #15
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
TubeMonkey, can you check the battery life on the Clip Zip? The battery life of Clip + was a disappointment, especially when using a micro sd card. I love my orig. Clip and its back up so much that I spent $15 at the Sansa site for a set of 3 replacement clips.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote