Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
darkhatreader
darkhatreader began at the beginning.

Device: none
TXT to EPUB, problem with spacing

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to convert an ebook from TXT format to EPUB but i'm getting some weird spacing issues.

In some sections, the output text looks like this:

Code:
This a sample sentence of what the text looks

like.  This should be one

line.
Obviously, that should all be one line. The original TXT file has hard returns at the end of every line so I'm assuming that's the problem, but I don't have a clue how to fix it with Calibre. I've trying selecting different paragraph and formatting style, using heuristics... but nothing seems to be working.
darkhatreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You probably need to decrease the line unwrap factor under heuristics to make it more aggressive.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 02:28 AM   #3
darkhatreader
darkhatreader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
You probably need to decrease the line unwrap factor under heuristics to make it more aggressive.
Thanks for the tip! It's a lot better now, but even going as low as 0.01 there are still a few sentences per chapter that get cut off mid-sentence.
darkhatreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Garbage in Garbage out - there's only so much you can do. You can try converting it twice - txt to epub once, then epub to epub a second time, heuristics enabled both times.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
.35 often works for me when.40 doesn't
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert