Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 02:32 AM   #121
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
They could simply offer a configurable sort whereby you can sort by multiple terms by simply picking multiple sort terms in order or resorting and then offering an option to clear the sort when done... A bit of code, not much really, and they could make everyone happy -well probably only nearly everyone as there is one in every crowd. Maybe two or three, if you count Murg, or occasionally me... ROTFLMAO.

Of course, should they provide such a cool, helpful, universal and downright handy feature some moron will immediately complain that it is too hard to understand when a chimp could figure it out in under 5 minutes simply by trying to clear and vary the order of the selected terms.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #122
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
I sideloaded 2.4.0 onto my "old version" Touch yesterday, (after allowing Kobo desktop to load 2.3.2), and the small font on new chapters came back to haunt me.

It did for 2 chapters anyway, third chapter onwards it appears to be working correctly?!?!
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #123
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Has anyone seen any change in the way widows and orphans are handled?

I can't see any differences because I've added widows and orphans to be 0 to all my books, but I would really like to be able to load books I get from *anywhere* right onto my device without adding code.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #124
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Hmm.. I can see how that would have made your experience a little more difficult. I've relayed your feedback to our User Experience team and we will consider it for the next release. Thanks!
Thank you Sameer. I adore my Glo. I use it several times a day, and it is a pleasure to use.
I am using firmware 2.32 and I do love that the Glo reads series information from Calibre and uses this to organise my library -- without me having to tell it to do so. It felt to intuitive and right, and meant I did not have to make a new shelf for each series. Less faffing around from a user perspective is a good thing!
You can see from comments in this thread that others feel the loss of this functionality in 2.4.0 is keenly felt. Please do consider putting it back or giving us a 'series sort' menu from the homepage. It is a really really good feature!
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #125
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
They could simply offer a configurable sort whereby you can sort by multiple terms by simply picking multiple sort terms in order or resorting and then offering an option to clear the sort when done... A bit of code, not much really, and they could make everyone happy -well probably only nearly everyone as there is one in every crowd. Maybe two or three, if you count Murg, or occasionally me... ROTFLMAO.

Of course, should they provide such a cool, helpful, universal and downright handy feature some moron will immediately complain that it is too hard to understand when a chimp could figure it out in under 5 minutes simply by trying to clear and vary the order of the selected terms.
I agree, multi-level sort is the way to go.

And add manual ordering (at least for shelves).

I
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #126
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
And add manual ordering (at least for shelves).
I
SUBSCIRBE

I would love manual shelf ordering.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #127
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
You can see from comments in this thread that others feel the loss of this functionality in 2.4.0 is keenly felt. Please do consider putting it back or giving us a 'series sort' menu from the homepage. It is a really really good feature!
Sincerely, I hope series sort order, because, in other way, or you don't send info about series, or you can't really know where a title is because you have to know its series by heart.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #128
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post

I can't see any differences because I've added widows and orphans to be 0 to all my books, but I would really like to be able to load books I get from *anywhere* right onto my device without adding code.
None. Same bad behaviour.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #129
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Bookmarks and Annotations bugs

In 2.3.1 (broken in some earlier firmware release) there were a couple of problems related to Bookmarks (showing 0% into chapter on the Annotations page) and Annotations sequencing and incorrect chapter number. The latter is described in this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2346101

Have these been fixed in 2.4.0 ?
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #130
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post

I wholeheartedly agree. This bothers me *much* more than any (other) bug. Even if I set widows/orphans to 0, there are still problems with empty page bottoms at the end of chapters.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #131
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Fixed

When opening the Touch to start reading, the text at the bottom of the page would appear first and then the text at the top would slowly appear after. Just for the first page only.

Now fixed!

Last edited by Willa; 02-17-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: clarification - need more coffee!
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #132
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
None. Same bad behaviour.
GAH. What a shame. And it's such an easy change as well. Just set two values to 0, please. I can't imagine there is anyone who would prefer empty space at the bottom of the screen to get an entire paragraph together (what book does that, anyway? (...Or maybe there are people??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. This bothers me *much* more than any (other) bug. Even if I set widows/orphans to 0, there are still problems with empty page bottoms at the end of chapters.
I'm glad you agree, and indeed! SO much space is wasted at the bottom of the screen. Even "allowing" for the (much too large) menu space.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #133
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
Wondering when these updates will be coming to Albert Canada??????????????
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #134
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
When opening the Touch to start reading, the text at the bottom of the page would appear first and then the text at the top would slowly appear after. Just for the first page only.

Now fixed!
Thanks for that. I thought my Touch was on the fritz when it started doing that.
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #135
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post
Wondering when these updates will be coming to Albert Canada??????????????
Hear, hear!
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote