Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Page rotate and some other needed features

1) I believe i heard somewhere that 2.0 has the "rotate page" feature (like "landscape mode" on PRS500, when the pages are cut in two, and every half is shown as the separate page, which increases the font size); but i can't find that feature anywhere.

2) Is it possible to copy the parts of PDF document on the note/scratchpad? Or, maybe, making unconnected PDF notes for a specified parts of page?
I'll try to explain what i'm trying to get.
I'm a student at the university where lecturers are giving papers (also available in PDF form online) with the problems we should solve; and on a seminar we're individually telling the solutions of these problems to examiners. It would be great not to waste paper on this but instead use DR800 as an excersise book.
The example of PDF with the problems: http://vyshka.math.ru/pspdf/1011/topology-2/Sem5.pdf
Ideally, i want to have a note (or something), some part of which is taken by a conditions of the specific problem and on another part of which i could write a solution. It cannot be done by writing PDF notes for an entire document because there is not enough space on the page; and it cannot be done by writing a note from scratch because then there would be no conditions of the problem on the screen.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
bran
Enthusiast
bran began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by penartur View Post
1) I believe i heard somewhere that 2.0 has the "rotate page" feature (like "landscape mode" on PRS500, when the pages are cut in two, and every half is shown as the separate page, which increases the font size); but i can't find that feature anywhere.

2) Is it possible to copy the parts of PDF document on the note/scratchpad? Or, maybe, making unconnected PDF notes for a specified parts of page?
I'll try to explain what i'm trying to get.
I'm a student at the university where lecturers are giving papers (also available in PDF form online) with the problems we should solve; and on a seminar we're individually telling the solutions of these problems to examiners. It would be great not to waste paper on this but instead use DR800 as an excersise book.
The example of PDF with the problems: http://vyshka.math.ru/pspdf/1011/topology-2/Sem5.pdf
Ideally, i want to have a note (or something), some part of which is taken by a conditions of the specific problem and on another part of which i could write a solution. It cannot be done by writing PDF notes for an entire document because there is not enough space on the page; and it cannot be done by writing a note from scratch because then there would be no conditions of the problem on the screen.
penartur,

load up the beta firmware 2.0 rc3 that adds note taking capability. Also add dr800+ full package. That allows tabs down the right side an the version 2.0 keeps notes you make open so you can switch.

HTH Bran
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #3
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
penartur,

load up the beta firmware 2.0 rc3 that adds note taking capability. Also add dr800+ full package. That allows tabs down the right side an the version 2.0 keeps notes you make open so you can switch.

HTH Bran
Of course i've installed 2.0rc3, or else i wouldn't asked some specific questions about notes
DR800+ allows easy switching between document and notes, am i right?
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:30 AM   #4
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penartur View Post
DR800+ allows easy switching between document and notes, am i right?
Last version does.
But note that you need to get DR1000 uds binary in order to use DR800+ *full* package.
Instructions are in the release thread and in the README file.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote