Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
How do you mark books read?

I have all my books entered into Calibre, metadate fixed, covers. Now I would like to go through and mark the books I have already read. I don't want to remove them, as Calibre is my library of read and unread. Any suggestions?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Tags and ratings are two that come to mind. A "read" tag is simple enough, and you can use tags to only view read, or unread books. Or you could rate only the books you have read and it will be obvious you read them from the existence of stars.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
It would be kinda fun to have the iTunes type "white circle-unread, half-blue circle-in process of reading, blue circle-read" type icons in the library. But honestly, I only have books I've read in paper form in my eBook library, so they'd all be blue

I'm guessing a simple "read" tag would be easiest.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Make your tag "0read0" (those are Zeros)
First, numbers sort before letters in a list.
Second, it avoids false substring finds like: bread, unread, thread...
The ending 0 just makes it symmetrical :P
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
K to all of you!
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #6
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Or you could rate only the books you have read and it will be obvious you read them from the existence of stars.
Yep, that's the method I use.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
patchymama
patchymama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
yep, i just give all books i have read 1 star since its so easy to do.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #8
Deb
Connoisseur
Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Deb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700
I just tag my unread books when I get them - then I can go into my 'Unread' folder and look for something new. Then periodically I update my Calibre and my reader and remove the tag.
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
Lloyd Simcoe
immortal observer
Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchymama View Post
ditto
Lloyd Simcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchymama View Post
Oh, but that isn't precise enough! I went through and gave stars to all - 3 was my average (cause I don't deliberately read stuff I hate). I had a lot of 2s, a couple 4s. Now I'm thinking 2 should have been average. Then I could leave 5 open for the perfect book, that I haven't yet found (although Too Big to Fail might get 5 stars).
Old 12-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I was using stars until somebody showed me how to use the browser so that you could exclude from the list books with a certain tag. That way, if you want to only look at unread books, they'll all be there and your read books will be hidden.

I like the asterisk suggestion. I did find that when I had a 'read' tags then items I had tagged as being from Mobile Read would show up too. So the asterisk will solve my problem
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote