Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
bill the smith
Banned
bill the smith began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 700
Unlimited free ebooks

Unlimited free ebooks
WARNING: this post may contain incidental references to illegal books. If you are offended by that, please do not read it. The information provided here is for consenting readers only.
I attach the Links folder from my computer which contains all the links I have collected in searching for ebooks to download.
Some of them contain elements of illegal books.
I suggest an adult approach to this. Rather than blind censorship, look at whatever links you choose (this is sometimes called “freedom”).
Download the books that satisfy your requirements.
Leave the rest.
IOW, there is nothing illegal at *looking* at the Internet to see what is available, even if it is illegal. If you don’t like it, just don’t download it. Resist temptation.
TIPS
(1) Rapidshare: if you subscribe to Rapidshare, search Google in the following way.
“rapidshare.com/files” “sir walter scott”
Include the “” in the search.
If you get too many hits, add the word “ebook”.
(2) Google:
(a) search “ebooks” or
(b) search “ebooks” “author’s name”: so “ebooks” “george orwell” or the title of the book.

Last edited by Nate the great; 08-14-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: attachment removed
bill the smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I believe this is a violation of the MR Terms of Use
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Getting in before the lock and deletion

P.S: But didn't bother to download the links
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I believe this is a violation of the MR Terms of Use
Yes, it is.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
bill the smith
Banned

Why does it violate the TOU?
Which terms does it violate?
I love the way that the first response of Americans is to censor.
What about the First Amendment and freedom of speech.
I suggest that the moderaror makes a careful decision.
Can I appeal the decision?
If the post, or part of it, are deleted, then we can have a freedom of speech debate.
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
bill the smith
Banned

OK.
Can the moderator Nate the great please explain his reasons for deleting the attachment?
Can I appeal?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
bill the smith
Banned

Also
If you are really going to do your job as censor, you should delete the TIPS as well because if people follow them they may see postings of illegal books on the Internet.
If censorship is to work, it needs to be complete. Rather like North Korea.
You should also delete the "george orwell" example because his books are not in the public domain. More censorship.
Maybe you should just delete the whole post, prevent any debate on the issue of censorship and terminate my membership for being a dissident.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #8
bill the smith
Banned

Quick, quick.
Censor my posts otherwise the children may be looking at forbidden material.
And we can't have that.
Come on Nate and doreenjoy - where are you?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
If you'd just reread your last posts and comprehend how much you're making a fool of yourself at this very moment ...
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Regardless of your silly behaviour, most people can figure out how to use Google for themselves if they wish to. It is quite simple.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #11
bill the smith
Banned

@K-Thom
Thanks for your response.
You say I am a fool - well I believe in freedom of speech and I respect your right to say that.
On the other hand, I think there is an important issue of freedom of speech and censorship here.
Feel free to disagree.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I was responding to another thread.

Bill, MobileRead's policy is that we do not link to pirated material.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #13
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
@billthesmith

I do believe in freedom of speech so much that I won't ever use it in the same sentence as "illegal eBooks".

To do so is in my eyes a disrespect for the idea and the ideal of the freedom of speech itself.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill the smith View Post
Why does it violate the TOU?
Which terms does it violate?
I love the way that the first response of Americans is to censor.
What about the First Amendment and freedom of speech.
I suggest that the moderaror makes a careful decision.
Can I appeal the decision?
If the post, or part of it, are deleted, then we can have a freedom of speech debate.
Ironically, the guy who runs this forum is from Europe, and so are quite a few of the mods.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
bill the smith
Banned

Please consider deleting this link.
I have uploaded a file to Rapidshare

Last edited by Nate the great; 08-14-2009 at 09:16 PM.