Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjfasimpaur View Post
Now I've upgraded back to Ermine once more, reinstalled the appropriate apps, and all is as it was before, more or less. Still not sure just what caused this, but as fixes go, this wasn't too painful --- and certainly beats cracking open the case and seeing if the memory had become physically unseated or some such thing!
If the internal memory has become physically unseated you are in *very big* trouble - it's soldered to the circuit board. So unless the soldering of the board was faulty it is extremely unlikely the memory would become loose.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #17
SatyrsLynx
SatyrsLynx doesn't litterSatyrsLynx doesn't litter

Device: Pocket eDGe
Unhappy

Well DRAT! I guess I didn't read the message closely enough, because I've been trying to figure out why I can't access the internal storage on my PE (and why I get a 'cannot install to SD Card' error when trying to d/l apps from the Play store. Is the only option to reverse the device storage to re-install the Dingo update, then Ermine, then Allmine? (this is what I get for being impatient)

*Edit: I guess it's not! I just did a Factory Reset from within the Privacy settings, and it reverted to the 'clean' install of the Allmine update. Woot! Much easier than having to revert to and reinstall from Dingo!

Last edited by SatyrsLynx; 05-29-2012 at 05:40 PM.
SatyrsLynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert