Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
rebeltaz
Connoisseur
rebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket eDge
LCD touch screen locking up?

Several times (on my non-upgraded Dingo PE) the touch screen has stopped responding. The side buttons still work, but the LCD touch screen doesn't respond to any touching. I have to reset (with a paper clip) to regain control. This has happened with different apps, so I don't think it's related to any particular app.

Last night, the entire device locked up after I selected a drop down menu from an eBay item page. Not sure if that is related or not...

Has anyone else had this problem?
rebeltaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Mine locked up a couple of days after I got it and I had to use the paperclip reset on it. It only happened once and I wasn't using any apps at the time that it happened. My PE was also one of the ones that suffered the WSOD after being upgraded to Ermine. Lucky for me it was before Entourage went out of business. When I got it back I noticed that it had a different MAC address (possibly new motherboard), I haven't had any problems since.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltaz View Post
Several times (on my non-upgraded Dingo PE) the touch screen has stopped responding. The side buttons still work, but the LCD touch screen doesn't respond to any touching. I have to reset (with a paper clip) to regain control. This has happened with different apps, so I don't think it's related to any particular app.

Last night, the entire device locked up after I selected a drop down menu from an eBay item page. Not sure if that is related or not...

Has anyone else had this problem?
This could be caused by something peaking out the CPU especially your last item - javascript can be a bugger at loading the CPU and bringing everything to an apparent halt.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
rebeltaz
Connoisseur
rebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket eDge
I was just scrolling through the Images section of the Library app using the touch screen when it stopped responding. I paperclip reset it and tried the same thing again and it again stopped responding. I know... I know... so don't do that. But why is it locking up?
rebeltaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Gremalkin
Gremalkin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Having same problem - Should I upgrade?

I have a PE I received for Christmas but just started using recently. I have not done any updates to it, so it is still running Dingo 1.8, which is what it shipped from woot with.

The only thing I have installed on it is Alchemy (game). I have had the touch screen lock up a total of 5 times the past 2 days, all but one while playing the game. Note I have only used the unit about an hour over the past 2 days.

It sounds like I shouldn't risk upgrading this one to Ermine.

I was so looking forward to the Allmine Golden Update, primarily for the battery life and gmail/calendar synchronization, but don't want to risk frying my PE, as we've already lost 2 in the past year to hardware defects/failures. I became so dependent on my previous PE, and avoided using this one to prevent a hardware failure. Silly, I know, as what's the point of owning it if you don't use it? lol

Any thoughts or comments?
Gremalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
The descriptions others have offered when their devices died was generally related to executing programs which rely heavy on graphics. What you are experiencing is likely the cause of Alchemy (game).
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
If I were you I would upgrade, Gremalkin, especially as you were looking forward to it! You might even find that Alchemy plays better on the upgraded PE.

I tried Alchemy, but either I didn't "get it" or it didn't play well enough on my PE to be any fun.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote