Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #16
perversity
Enthusiast
perversity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Attachment 44901 , and real folders (directories)
Yes, we need subfolders!
Never understood the lack of a real directory system
perversity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by perversity View Post
Yes, we need subfolders!
Never understood the lack of a real directory system

Name:  yes.gif
Views: 367
Size:  767 BytesName:  yes.gif
Size:  767 BytesName:  yes.gif
Size:  767 Bytes
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #18
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
On the EB1150 you can alternate between 2 books. If you're used to the Sony reader this may sound strange.

Another way to put it is that the EB1150 can have 2 books open at the same time and you can alternate between them with one touch!

The more books you have in the Sony the bigger the problem it is to switch between 2 books.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #19
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
The more books you have in the Sony the bigger the problem it is to switch between 2 books.
The most convenient way I've found to do this is just to bookmark your place whenever you switch. The bookmarks list is sorted chronologically so you don't have to navigate far to locate your spot in the other book.

Incidentally, has anyone directly contacted Sony and asked for an updated ADE firmware, or are we just assuming that they know we want this?
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #20
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Maybe I am missing something - but I often switch books without setting a bookmark.

Each book I read seems to keep track of where I was, and will open that page by default when I go back to it.

I have been assuming the current location is just stored with each book entry.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #21
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Sorry...didn't imply the bookmark was necessary to save your location in the book, just that the using list of bookmarks was a convenient way to switch back and forth between recently read books (as opposed to navigating alphabetically by author or title)
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #22
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm really happy with the reading experience. I can't really think of any way to improve it. Changing fonts, perhaps?

My only annoyance is with the formats. I want to buy my books in any format and convert them to any format. I get the idea behind drm... but I mean.... it's never ever worked for any product. Drm always gets hacked and circumvented. I want to be able to go into a store and pay for a book without having to jump through an insane number of hoops I could have avoided if I just downloaded the pirated book. That annoys me to no end. There is a book I want to buy a lot, Civilwarland in Decline by George Saunders. But it's not available in the Sony store. I can't find it on a pirate site. So if I want it, I need to buy it for Kindle (the only available format) in USA (it's not available in Sweden), and then I have to fiddle with cracking it for my Sony reader. It's all fair use, so no court can stop me. Who the f**k thought that was a good idea? I bet the author or the publisher doesn't.

But I'm well aware that we're at the cusp of a revolution. This'll all change. Right now it's just pure insanity where everybody loses money.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 11-19-2010 at 02:37 PM.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #23
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
Sorry...didn't imply the bookmark was necessary to save your location in the book, just that the using list of bookmarks was a convenient way to switch back and forth between recently read books (as opposed to navigating alphabetically by author or title)
Thanks for the tip!! I never even knew about that feature. I was thinking that the best way to keep track of multiple books being read at the same time would be to create a "now reading" collection.

Question, in order to do this do you have to specifically book mark the page or will the auto bookmark (the page your currently reading) appear in the notes list? I don't have my reader with me right now or I would try it.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #24
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are several things I'd like
  • A for a reading queue that you could add books to in a specific order.
  • A way to mark books as read/unread.
  • Collection management on the reader itself.
  • A way to view the book details, without having to be reading the book.
  • More info in the details - specifically tags, length, synopsis
  • A way to format or specify the info shown in the list view, for example the title, author, and length. Or cover, author, and tags.

That's if for now
Old 02-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #25
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Thanks for the tip!! I never even knew about that feature. I was thinking that the best way to keep track of multiple books being read at the same time would be to create a "now reading" collection.

Question, in order to do this do you have to specifically book mark the page or will the auto bookmark (the page your currently reading) appear in the notes list? I don't have my reader with me right now or I would try it.
There's no reason to use bookmarks for this. Why not just view "all books" and sort by "latest read". Sort by "latest read" is only available in the "all books" list, not collections.

This option is not available on the 600 which is another reason I chose the 900.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #26
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Oh, and I really DO want finer size adjustment of font size on my 900! Either give us a direct input or else make a couple of presets increment by only 5% or so.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #27
dsvick
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
There's no reason to use bookmarks for this. Why not just view "all books" and sort by "latest read". Sort by "latest read" is only available in the "all books" list, not collections.

This option is not available on the 600 which is another reason I chose the 900.
Wow - I never knew that that existed - I'm learning new stuff all the time - thanks Scion.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #28
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Wow - I never knew that that existed - I'm learning new stuff all the time - thanks Scion.
You're welcome. Thanks for the LOVE!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #29
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
[QUOTE=colinsky;772050]The most convenient way I've found to do this is just to bookmark your place whenever you switch. QUOTE]

Thanks for the idea. It does work, but a little clunky. There is a lot of clicking on the screen.

Still, I may use it.

The one button switch on the EB1150 really is good though.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #30
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I've been enjoying my clock for a few months now.
Yes, I know I can get it by flashing ( it not me) but I don't want to invalidate the guarantee when Sony could easily provide this.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote