Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #22141
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I always heard that as "If you can remember the 60's, you weren't in them. "

Cinnamon Dulce Latte in my cup.
You are, of course, right. Shouldn't try to answer on my phone with tapatalk. I do to many typos!!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #22142
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
ummmmmm

I thought we would be getting great food but we ended up with pretty mediocre hotel food. .....
Hopefully you have a different experience but I did not feel like I had a real oppertunity to get good Egyptian fare while I was there.
(washing, packing things for tomorrow and making a card with useful Arab expressions...bathroom-toilet will be among the first.)

I think we do have some freedom to go out, although I'll have to ask a male fellow traveller or guide to go with me; at least in Caïro.

In my cup: cold Rooibos vanilla spice
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #22143
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
You are, of course, right. Shouldn't try to answer on my phone with tapatalk. I do to many typos!!
I found another bell for you, Charlie... but they wouldn't let me ring it.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kyomizu93.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	96242  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #22144
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bring toilet paper. Many of the bathrooms do not have any in them and you only get a few sheets from the attendent.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #22145
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
NINE HOURS LEFT!

Then we test for our First Degree Black Belt! My entire family!

I guess this would not be a good time to put Kahlua in my cup?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #22146
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
NINE HOURS LEFT!

Then we test for our First Degree Black Belt! My entire family!
Good luck!

Quote:
Bring toilet paper. Many of the bathrooms do not have any in them and you only get a few sheets from the attendent.
And I'll take my travel-toilet; a kind of bag thing.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #22147
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Large iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. Haven't had one in a long time.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #22148
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
and I'll take my travel-toilet; a kind of bag thing.

Umm... a bag? You know you really are not supposed to carry biological waste with you when traveling right?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #22149
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
pdurrant

Do you have a recipe for that wholemeal bread with the honey and nuts you sometimes talk about?
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #22150
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Umm... a bag? You know you really are not supposed to carry biological waste with you when traveling right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
pdurrant

Do you have a recipe for that wholemeal bread with the honey and nuts you sometimes talk about?
Well, this is a strange thread: biological waste followed by bread...
Old 11-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #22151
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And barely a mention of Tea!

Peet's Anniversary Breakfast blend. Just because I still have some left.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #22152
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pu Erh. THinking about a third steeping. Two sencha steepings earlier.

sooooo tired. Lucas has decided that only silly people sleep.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #22153
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Ah, the joys of parenting. #1 on the list has to be sleep deprivation. My sympathies, truly. The only consolation I can offer is that this too shall pass. But in the meantime, it may be time to reconsider coffee. As a caffeine ingestion mechanism, it's definitely more efficient than tea. (And also keep in mind that multiple steepings reduces the caffeine substantially, as caffeine is quite water soluble. )

That being said, on my second steeping of Anniversary Breakfast Blend. Peet's has their Holiday Breakfast Blend out, but I haven't got any yet, and don't know what I'm going to think of it. (These limited-time, annual blends vary from year to year, so some are to my taste, others less so.)
Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #22154
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I am ADHD so caffiene actually calms me down and too much of it makes me sleepy. This is why I found tea, I needed the caffeine to calm down but not too much to make me tired. (sigh)

We are starting solids at breakfast tomorrow. Hopefully that will help.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #22155
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
I am ADHD so caffiene actually calms me down and too much of it makes me sleepy. This is why I found tea, I needed the caffeine to calm down but not too much to make me tired. (sigh)

We are starting solids at breakfast tomorrow. Hopefully that will help.
Hang on, prof. Things will settle. All babies are special and different.
In my cup: ice cold coffee. Thinking of some Riesling white wine.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?