Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #16
TMPoole
TMPoole began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX/Mobipocket,Astak Pocket Pro, Kindle2, K3
They've gotten back to me...

I've had a couple issues with them. One a couple years ago on a corrupted book that they refunded my purchase on and a recent issue (last 30 days) where a book I purchased wasn't available for download anymore. I was trying to update PID for a new device. Wasn't happy with that resolution, but they were definitely in correspondence with me via email. Usually not more than a 24-36 hour delay in response either.

Don't be afraid to send them a second notice and note that in your subject field. They may be assuming that someone has already addressed your issue.
TMPoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
FW's standards seem to have slipped a little in recent months....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
they got back to me within 2 hours, actually. go figure!

btw, i didn't use their online form - i used support (AT) fictionwise (DOT) com
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #19
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Angry

No one answers their telephone....maybe they are all on line for the new iphone?

I'm resending (forwarding) their automatic replay with my original message. Maybe thrice is good luck.

Mitch
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #20
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I always use the online form, and they eventually get back to me.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #21
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
If you're really having trouble reaching someone there, Fictionwise has a Yahoo group. They don't welcome complaints on the list, and have actually chided list members for making them there. But Scott Pendergast has posted on the list - if you search for "Steve P." on the list, his direct email address will be visible in the first page of returned results! He also used to post as "mindwise" on the list - that brings up a different email address, too.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #22
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
If you're really having trouble reaching someone there, Fictionwise has a Yahoo group. They don't welcome complaints on the list, and have actually chided list members for making them there. But Scott Pendergast has posted on the list - if you search for "Steve P." on the list, his direct email address will be visible in the first page of returned results! He also used to post as "mindwise" on the list - that brings up a different email address, too.
Could you PT this contact info? Still can't get any response from them (two issues this week) via email or via phone.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #23
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Yeah they have had trouble fixing issues when it comes to books, at least for me. Though I think some of that is a publisher or distrubtor issue, such as the case where the file contained the wrong book.

Was the book you are talking about a Anthology? Those can get listed weirdly.

On of their current errors is Nora Roberts book Black Hills listed in general nonfiction.

Amy
Yes. There have been 3 books so far that were listed using a popular (say, Penguin) cover, while the actual publisher was Xlibris, or something similarly shady. Especially translations seem to be popular for this sort of deception. While I've reported the problem in both cases, and got a refund, they have yet to mark the book entries as containing incorrect information.
(In the case of Taras Bulba, specifically, the "ebook excerpt" and cover are actually from a different translation than the actual book contains, and while the listed publisher says "random house", the actual publisher, as listed inside the book, is Digireads, and the translation is Hogarth's.)
Pretty elaborate deception, but I haven't the faintest if FW or Digireads (or even RH) is to blame. Still, it seems to be a rule of thumb that any 'classic' sold at a list price of under 10$ is a PD translation.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Could you PT this contact info? Still can't get any response from them (two issues this week) via email or via phone.
Take a look at post #7 in this thread. I did post the phone number for Fictionwise. So instead of joining a dead Yahoo Group, you can give them a call.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Take a look at post #7 in this thread. I did post the phone number for Fictionwise. So instead of joining a dead Yahoo Group, you can give them a call.
It may be pretty dead (compared to in the past), but the Pendergrast's still reply to posts made to it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #26
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I called. You get an automated system that tells you to use the online system and offers to take a message that will be automatically translated to an email and sent to the online system for you. My posts using the online system were also ignored (I don't think they actually get sent to anyone there).

Sending real emails WITHOUT any reference to the support ticket (which probably get automatically re-routed to a fired/quit employee) did finally get a response. And a resolution. All my attempts with problems earlier in the year have been ignored (when I used the online system and sent reply emails to them with the same subject line that referenced the ticket number). There problems with support date to the beginning of the year (pre B&N), but it seems odd that no one can get anything out of them if they use the online system anymore (unless the past employee and automated email theory is correct ... it wouldn't be the first company to forget to fix such a problem).

The group apparently isn't entirely dead - it does have messages each month (and a moderator that approves memberships). I don't know if the email info there works, though, as I finally got my problem fixed before getting further than joining the group.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #27
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
I am also having trouble getting fictionwise to respond to me. Last week I purchased a book that was supposed to be a two in one, but it turned out to only be the first book. a couple days later they took the book down (it shows as no longer for sale if i go to the URL).

I contacted them right after I purchased the book via their ticketing system, but never received any response so emailed them them again a couple days ago after finding this thread (just via the support address w/o any reference to my original support ticket) but still have not received any response.

How long does it normally take for them to respond?
bxrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #28
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
nm.. they sent me a response 30 minutes after I posted this..
bxrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:37 AM   #29
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
hah!

Proof that they read these forums!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #30
koland
Grand Sorcerer

I had a problem last week - a book I had downloaded ended up only 6K. I tried to redownload and the new file was called "dummy.prc" and was zero K in size. I emailed, then used the web site, then emailed twice more during the week. The only "response" was that the day after the first email, they removed that format from the sales page for the book. A week later, I tried redownloading (I was trying it every day after the first problem) and it was fixed. Three days later, they finally emailed me (the first response) and said it had been fixed.

Apparently, it is too much trouble for them to send you a note saying "we are looking into it, but don't have a time estimate yet" and they think the auto-responder with the ticket number is all that is needed, regardless of how long it takes to fix the issue.

Assuming they get it fixed at all, of course.