Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
mduijkers
Edge User

Cool Can't add files to library if the filename contain spaces

Hi,
What I do is:
Copy files from usb stick to ./documents
Press and hold
Select add to library

For instance "filename restoffilename.pdf"

When the filename contains spaces I get an error :
Error while adding: filename%restoffilename.pdf does not exist

If I remove the spaces, this error does not occur.

Is this a known issue.

Kind regards,
Mike

Old 07-05-2010, 03:19 AM   #2
walt526
Edge User

EDIT: I need to check something.

Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
keng2000
Edge User

I have no problem with space in filename or non-english filename too.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
sarah11918
Edge User

I haven't had problems with spaces, but I have had problems with punctuation. I'm not sure whether that's known or fixed, but I've just routinely edited out punctuation from file names before loading them onto the edge.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduijkers View Post
For instance "filename restoffilename.pdf"

When the filename contains spaces I get an error :
Error while adding: filename%restoffilename.pdf does not exist
Idea: The "space" character may be literally represented as a % escape sequence (as in HTML). Perhaps that causes issues.

I haven't run across that problem myself. I have found a problem with annotation crashing in PDF documents when two very similarly named documents with very long names are added to the library.

We use a naming convention for computer documents here, like, projectnumber-projectname-documenttype-documentversion, so where multiple versions of a document exist only the last character of the filename may be different. It looks like the library's maximum file name lenght is shorter than allowed by FAT.

The first PDF document was added and annotated. A second document was added with only a change to the last couple characters of the filename. After attempting to save annotation in the second document annotation now crashes the reader for both documents whenever switching from annotation to reader modes.

Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 04:08 AM   #6
mduijkers
Edge User

Thumbs up FIXED since dingo release

This was fixed by dingo. Loving it!

Old 09-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Franky
Edge User

uhm, obviously a dumb question for some people, but how can i delete an item out of the library... if i hold it, the pop-menu shows different option, but without delete. according to the manuel i should be able to delete if i press and hold the item. but not with me yet. so, what do i do wrong?

Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
borisb
Edge User

You'd think it would be that simple, right?

Instead, tap the Checkmark icon at the top right of the Library, then tap the item you want to delete (which will checkmark it), then tap "Delete" at the bottom of the Library.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #9
Franky
Edge User

told you it's a dumb question.....

but tnx, Borisb