Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
blanny431
blanny431 began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
Hi . oops!!!

This is going to sound pretty stupid...but I finally after 3 days figured out how to hack this 7" pandigital over to an android and I was so caught up in figuring this out(Im new to all of this) I didnt have any idea you would loose all of the library and manage books,and shelves and stuff...so now Im sitting here with this thing and I dont know how to add the apps??? I have no idea how to put a e-reader app back on this thing...ok while your laughing can someone explain to me..exactly how to add apps to this thing...I just thought you could go to the web and just google an app and it would majically be installed on my new droid reader?????ticks me off too cause now the very thing that I bought it for now isnt even here!!!!!!!!!!!please help me out I would really appreciate it...hey and all of you tech savy folks have somehting to laugh about!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks I really do appreciate it...Kev
blanny431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanny431 View Post
This is going to sound pretty stupid...but I finally after 3 days figured out how to hack this 7" pandigital over to an android and I was so caught up in figuring this out(Im new to all of this) I didnt have any idea you would loose all of the library and manage books,and shelves and stuff...so now Im sitting here with this thing and I dont know how to add the apps??? I have no idea how to put a e-reader app back on this thing...ok while your laughing can someone explain to me..exactly how to add apps to this thing...I just thought you could go to the web and just google an app and it would majically be installed on my new droid reader?????ticks me off too cause now the very thing that I bought it for now isnt even here!!!!!!!!!!!please help me out I would really appreciate it...hey and all of you tech savy folks have somehting to laugh about!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks I really do appreciate it...Kev
You probably do not have access to THE Android Market to install applications or you would have already seen the icon for it. So here are some alternative markets that you can try to get apps for your device.

http://slideme.org/

http://andappstore.com/

http://getjar.com/

IMHO, one of the best free ebook reader applications for Android is CoolReader 3. You can get the install APK file for CoolReader 3 at SourceForge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...r3/cr3-3.0.42/
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
If you went to the Pandigital website and upgraded to the 1/14/2011 android "tablet" firmware, you will have the "SAM" icon for installing apps and you will hae the "B&N" icon for ebooks.
Any ebooks previously downloaded usually gets wiped unless the steps asked for a backup/restore for you. If you purchased books from B&N before you should be able to re-download.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
blanny431

thanks very much you guys this really helped I am actually starting to get used to this thing after sitting with it for hours on end but its pretty cool once y ou start getting used to it.....I wish I knew all the different stuff you guys did though I think it would make it just a bit easier...lol.thanks again I will definately come back here if I have any questions you folks are pretty calm with a guy that is kind of a tool..see ya Kev
Old 01-23-2011, 03:20 AM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
As a long time Microsoft user, repair tech, system admin on all versions of MS OS from MS-Dos 1.0 through Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 as well as a former Windows Mobile user; I too find Android takes a little getting used to. But the good news is, the more I use it the better I like it. It still can't replace a "full" operating system, or a laptop/desktop PC but it's getting closer.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
blanny431

cool

well all of the things you folks have said have worked and I am very grateful for your help....the one t hing I cant figure out is....the one guy said I should have that SAM icon I dont have that I do have the B&N one but I dont have that other one......does this mean IO have done something wrong somewhere along the line? Thanks folks I have been to about 4 different forum places and this one is the friendliest by far!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
The only thing I can recommend is to try and go through the update process again. I don't know why, because I did not experience it myself, but sometimes the "apps" do not get loaded back after the firmware updates the OS.
Other users have mentioned that just re-flashing through the exact same update processes will correct missing or non-functional applications.

If you do go this route and use the updater on the Pandigital site, just remember to follow the steps all the way through. Sometimes it asks for a reconnect and downloads to the Novel a second time.

Good luck.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote