Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Saying goodbye to teleread

For many years I have visited the TeleRead website. I go to MobileRead then TeleRead every day. Spend allot of time reading on both sites. TeleRead was recently sold and I think the new owners are more interested in advertisers then in readers. The site takes too long to load and at the bottom of the page something called adjuggler.com is trying to load. So I just made my last visit there. I will miss them, but that seems to happen every time a good website is sold.

Allen

Last edited by amgoforth; 03-28-2010 at 08:30 AM.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sounds like an art forum I frequent. It was sold to a commercial entity and now it is littered with more ads than content!!!!

I'm not familiar with Teleread but sounds like I don't want to be anyway.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgoforth View Post
For many years I have visited the TeleRead website. I go to MobileRead then TeleRead every day. Spend allot of time reading on both sites. TeleRead was recently sold and I think the new owners are more interested in advertisers then in readers. The site takes too long to load and at the bottom of the page something called adjuggler.com is trying to load. So I just made my last visit there. I will miss them, but that seems to happen every time a good website is sold.

Allen
But TeleRead has always had ads. The only recent change is that some of the new ones are Flash based (which does take a while to load).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Firefox with Adblock Plus and Flashblock make TeleRead run smoothly.

Con someone please change the topic? It look like TeleRead is going away which it's not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
But TeleRead has always had ads. The only recent change is that some of the new ones are Flash based (which does take a while to load).

Yes my friend, but it takes too long to load, and I live in a third world country.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #6
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Firefox with Adblock Plus and Flashblock make TeleRead run smoothly.

Con someone please change the topic? It look like TeleRead is going away which it's not.

Thank you. I am a good sport. I installed them both, but it still takes too long. As far as I am concerned they are going away, and good riddance.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:23 AM   #7
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
It's not just me then (did it the day after they were sold myself).
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
Quote:
Thank you. I am a good sport. I installed them both, but it still takes too long. As far as I am concerned they are going away, and good riddance.
I just read the RSS feed in Google Reader, haven't noticed any changes. Perhaps that would suit you better.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
That's the problem with people now and days to much time is spent over dramatization than looking for an answer.

The solution is to point your web browser to the RSS URL or change the blog template to load the mobile site. (found at the bottom of the web page)
Or just read the post with any RSS reader.

Last edited by =X=; 03-30-2010 at 10:58 AM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Are that's the problem with people now and days to much time is spent over dramatization than looking for an answer.
The solution is to point your web browser to the RSS URL or change the blog template to load the mobile site. (found at the bottom of the web page)
Or just read the post with any RSS reader.
I might try the RSS option and the mobile site, but the real solution is to do something about the ads. The ads will keep people of the site.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #11
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
It's not just me then (did it the day after they were sold myself).
Yes and many more besides us probably stopped visiting the site also.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
I might try the RSS option and the mobile site, but the real solution is to do something about the ads. The ads will keep people of the site.
emphasis mine.

Yeah I'm with you here, it would be nice if there weren't any ads.

RSS feeds and mobi sites usally don't have adds.

Here is the RSS feed w/o ads
http://feeds.feedburner.com/teleread/KHnj

Here is the link that let's you subscribe to an RSS feed. (For the link I provided you above I used the universal so it shows in your browser.

http://www.teleread.org/feed/
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #13
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
The ads are what pay for the site which allows you to use it for free.

They could go to a subscription service and make you pay instead of showing you ads.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:11 AM   #14
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by weateallthepies View Post
I just read the RSS feed in Google Reader, haven't noticed any changes. Perhaps that would suit you better.
Same here - Google Reader on the road, NetNewsWire at my Mac. Makes Teleread zippy as a zippy thing going very fast indeed!

Didn't these people pick up from the Apple community that Flash is bad. Very bad

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #15
amgoforth
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
emphasis mine.

Yeah I'm with you here, it would be nice if there weren't any ads.

RSS feeds and mobi sites usally don't have adds.

Here is the RSS feed w/o ads
http://feeds.feedburner.com/teleread/KHnj

Here is the link that let's you subscribe to an RSS feed. (For the link I provided you above I used the universal so it shows in your browser.

http://www.teleread.org/feed/

Thanks, I will try that option.