Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I really got what you meant and maybe I wasn't clear enough either. I just wanted to ask about any YA others have read and enjoyed. I have been chicken to try anything new unless it is free. I have placed the Elemental Series on my library wishlist. I have not read it but what little you said made me want to know more. Both of Kelley Armstrong's series are like what you just described but you have werewolves, half demons, necromancers, sorcerors witches, skin-walkers, and the evil adults that want to control them.
Oh I was replying to everyone when I posted that. I figure I should have been more clear in what I was looking for as not many have read the Elemental series. It's a good series so far. I like family dynamics and the main plot.

I'm gonna have to check out Armstrong's books but first I have to read Bitten! It's been on my Kindle for ages!

Last edited by Blossom; 08-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #62
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thanks for all the recommendations. I am bookmarking them so I can look into them later after I finished my other YA.

Lux series is one I've heard mention here many times.

Right now I started a new book last night. Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones courtesy of NetGalley. So far so good. Love Romantic suspense.
One question about NetGalley: you should make a review after reading el book, shouldn't you?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #63
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oh I was replying to everyone when I posted that. I figure I should have been more clear in what I was looking for as not many have read the Elemental series. It's a good series so far. I like family dynamics and the main plot.

I'm gonna have to check out Armstrong's books but first I have to read Bitten! It's been on my Kindle for ages!
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia sounds right up this alley [although very light on the romance]. I have the whole series but have only read the first so far, but loved it. Strong family ties while discovering powers, etc.

(The 'Lux' series by Jennifer L. Armentrout would fit the bill as well [more "YA-innocent romance"]. Heavier romance with paranormal, "Mad World" by Kristine Zolendz.)
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
One question about NetGalley: you should make a review after reading el book, shouldn't you?
You're suppose to yes. This particular book is open no need to be requested for approval so I think it's more optional when they let anyone get a copy but yes I plan to leave a review when finished.

Reviews aren't really that hard. I need to improve my skills but I think I do okay on them.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia sounds right up this alley [although very light on the romance]. I have the whole series but have only read the first so far, but loved it. Strong family ties while discovering powers, etc.

(The 'Lux' series by Jennifer L. Armentrout would fit the bill as well [more "YA-innocent romance"]. Heavier romance with paranormal, "Mad World" by Kristine Zolendz.)
I am going to check these out.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #66
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Does anyone want any 45% Kobo codes before I post them to the main code thread tomorrow?

I'm off to buy the rest of Kristen Ashley's Colorado Mountain series then I am done shopping! Maybe. Probably.

Last edited by NixLapi; 08-02-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: no promos on THAT series, dang!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Does anyone want any 45% Kobo codes before I post them to the main code thread tomorrow?

I'm off to buy the rest of Kristen Ashley's Colorado Mountain series then I am done shopping! Maybe. Probably.
I believe that series got picked up by a big publisher. I got them before that happen.

So I'm on Facebook leaving a comment to a author who has decided to turn publisher for other authors. She asked about price advice and I gave it so another well known author comments to what I said about backlist are general cheaper when I had just commented in a rather large paragraph that backlist titles should be cheaper than new release titles. You and I know that isn't the case alot of authors want $4.99 or more for something that was written years ago. I am kind of annoyed at this.

This author is part of a very pricey small publisher. If I said the publisher's name and the author you would know who. They are the ones on the post trying to argue with readers why ebooks should be pricey. I don't even know why they are doing this on this author's Facebook post if I was her I would speak up but she is such a nice lady that I was trying to tell her at $4.99 she isn't going to sell many backlists titles when she is competing with too many cheaper price books.

Even ePublishing Works! who we all know started with their backlists around $4.99 have recently had to mark them down alot of their books and even give several away to compete in the game. I could give more examples but you guys don't need them because you already know this.

Edit: I added more info in the spoiler just in case anyone here wants to read the discussion. It has put a bad taste in my mouth about the publisher.

Spoiler:

Bell Bridge Books and Deborah Smith who I guess may work for them as being author is the main one but there are more from there arguing with readers.

Teresa Medeiros is person who is starting her own digital publishing company. She is awesome and I hope she does well.

Link in case you want to read it.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-02-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #68
Laurablue
Connoisseur
Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurablue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc, Sansa Clip Zip, Sansa Fuze+
Hi Everyone
I saw the question about YA paranormal and thought I would chime in. I also liked Anna Dressed in Blood, and another recommendation is Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. The paranormal element are angels and chimeras - I read it as audiobook and really enjoyed it.

I also liked the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan, where the paranomal aspect is the Greek pantheon, and the protagonists are a sister and brother who are descended from a line of magicians and have to study magic in a bid to save the world. It reads even "younger" than the Laini Taylor and Kendare Blake books but it was a lot of fun!

Laura
Laurablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #69
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome Laurablue!

Not many freebies today, but Blossom here's one you probably already have?!
Flame by Connie Mason

Now, off to decide how to spend even more money at the Kobo store before those codes expire. My budget is blown to kingdom come.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #70
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Anyone has recommendations for good (couponable ) stuff from Kobo, between $0.99 - $2.99?
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #71
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
My budget is blown to kingdom come.
What's this budget thing you speak of?

laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #72
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
What's this budget thing you speak of?

That pretty much sums it up! LOL

Loosheesh, these are a few 'cheapies' I've been looking at, not sure if they're all at Kobo, I'm trying to preview them when I have time before I decide [and I've spent so much already I'm trying to only look at the ones that never come down in price];
Terri Anne Browning – the Rocker series [books 2+3 only]
Arabella Quinn - Rock series
Fixed on You – Laurelin Paige
Tall Tatted & Tempting - Tammy Falkner

Freebie for cage fighter fans/motorcycle gang, Trouble by Nadine Seiters
Old 08-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #73
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That pretty much sums it up! LOL

Loosheesh, these are a few 'cheapies' I've been looking at, not sure if they're all at Kobo, I'm trying to preview them when I have time before I decide [and I've spent so much already I'm trying to only look at the ones that never come down in price];
Terri Anne Browning – the Rocker series [books 2+3 only]
Arabella Quinn - Rock series
Fixed on You – Laurelin Paige
Tall Tatted & Tempting - Tammy Falkner
Tall, Tatted and Tempting looks good

I have some good codes that I want to use; I've chosen books for just about all of them (for now ) but I know I will be second-guessing myself until I actually click the final Buy button
Old 08-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #74
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Tall, Tatted and Tempting looks good

I have some good codes that I want to use; I've chosen books for just about all of them (for now ) but I know I will be second-guessing myself until I actually click the final Buy button
I hear ya loud & clear. I just used most of the larger codes on 3 Play by Play books [Jaci Burton] and Tangle of Need. Good grief I need a break, the 2nd guessing is killing me but I knew for sure I was getting those 4, just took a lot in me to press 'buy now' and watch $20ish disappear with it.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #75
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
... I knew for sure I was getting those 4, just took a lot in me to press 'buy now' and watch $20ish disappear with it.
Ugh, that's exactly how I'm thinking about the Psy-Changeling bundle I want to get. I'm sure I'm getting (well, almost 100% ) but I'll have to keep reminding myself every step of the way that it's 10 books (and not just one!) I'm getting for $26.04