Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
TannisL
TannisL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 eReader
Sony PRS-505 owner - help...

Hey everybody! so I've owned my eReader for a little while now and I'm very fond of it! However, I just got an IPhone and have been struggling with transferring some of my already purchased books (from the Sony ebook library program). Things that I should mention - I'm a Canadian resident and I have a Mac.
Ok, so I'll give you an example:
Today I spent hours trying to find "The book thief" by Markus Zusak, (even though I already bought it through Sony ebook store) because I wanted the copy on my IPhone as well. I have two apps on my IPhone for Ebooks (Stanza, and eReader). No luck! I went through the entire process of setting up an account with a provider, put the item in my cart, proceeding to checkout and it would tell me right at the end of it all that I could not buy it because I'm from Canada! Argh!
Ok, and then just to mention - though I already own the ebook through Sony, it will not allow me to upload it to any of the IPhone apps! Hence the whole ridiculous scenario!
If any of this made sense and anyone has some wise comments to offer I'd be a very happy little Canadian!
TannisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	many hellos.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	39564 TannisL, and welcome to Mobileread.

I have a Sony 505 also, and I love it.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think the format of the ebooks for use on the Sony Reader and the iPhone are the same, so are not interchangeable between devices.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly, who will be able to explain further and in better detail. The wise comments you seek will be forthcoming from someone more knowledgable than I.

Again, welcome.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
TannisL
TannisL began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 eReader
Thank you Lady Blue! I know I sound confusing... I just want to find the most affordable and simplistic way to download the books that I want and manage to have them on either device.
Anyhow, I appreciate the warm welcome - I most certainly love my eReader!
TannisL is offline   Reply With Quote