Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Rottweiler Rescue: a mystery for dog lovers, by Ellen O'Connell

Hi Everyone,

I've been a member of Mobile Read for almost 2 years but have always been a lurker on the Kindle forum. Recently I woke up to the fact there's a thriving author community here too.

I published my first novel, ROTTWEILER RESCUE: a mystery for dog lovers, in early February for the Kindle and it is now also available on Amazon as a paperback and on Smashwords in other ebook formats. Needless to say, I'd like to get the word out in as many friendly forums as possible.

ROTTWEILER RESCUE is the story of Dianne Brennan, who doesn't expect her volunteer work as a foster home for Rottweiler Rescue to be easy, but also doesn't expect the job to be murderously hard. Yet murder is what Dianne faces when she takes a dog to meet an adopter, finds him dead, and sees the killer leaving the scene. Worse, although Dianne cannot identify the killer, he begins stalking her with deadly intent. Can she keep herself and her dogs safe long enough to prove she is right? Can Dianne and her Rottweilers collar the killer?

Kindle Edition: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...8359761&sr=8-2

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/EllenOC

Ellen O'Connell
www.oconnellauthor.com

Last edited by ellenoc; 03-14-2010 at 04:09 PM.
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hi Ellen

Welcome to MR...

I have bought your book... I love stories featuring animals..

lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome and glad you came out of lurkdom, Ellen.

We love to say welcome to authors who participate in our forums. Your book link went to the generic page , so this link goes to your smashwords profile with your book.

Enjoy exploring what's going on with the other Authors on MR.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks you, Lene1949, for your purchase and support. Needless to say I'm a fan of dog mysteries myself. Conant and Berenson are among my favorite authors. Berenson has posted on her blog that her series is finished now, and Conant seems to be concentrating on the food books she's co-authoring with her daughter.

And thank you, dreams, for fixing my Smashwords reference. I must remember to pay more attention to that in the future.

Ellen O'Connell
www.oconnellauthor.com
Old 03-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
You're welcome. You can go back to your first post to edit and put in the direct link, so members can go directly to your profile page.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
ellenoc
Author

I'm happy to say that Rottweiler Rescue now has 24 very complimentary reviews on Amazon (wish I could say the same for Smashwords). If you would enjoy a "dog mystery" or just a good mystery set in the world of dog rescue check it out. The Smashwords sample is 50%.

Rottweiler Rescue is the story of Dianne Brennan, who volunteered as a foster home for a dog rescue group planning to help to save lives. Little did she know that her volunteer work would take her into the path of a canine-phobic killer and her own life would be the one she must save.

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...2767232&sr=8-1

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/10613
Old 05-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
ellenoc
Author

At the time it happened I was too excited to remember to post here, but today it occurred to me - the list of 50 Best Rate Indie Authors in the Kindle Store recently posted at:

http://ireaderreview.com/2010/05/08/...re/#more-11712

included Rottweiler Rescue as No. 34 (it has a 24 in front of it, but you have to add in the separately numbered top ten).

Today a 27th great review was posted. Rottweiler Rescue is a mystery set in the world of dog rescue and can be found at $1.99 at both Amazon and Smashwords.

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...4060752&sr=1-1

Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Welcome Ellen, I hope you enjoy the forum. By the way, I've read you book and I've liked it a lot (I haven't made a review because I'm very bad with it, but anyway, I've recommended at goodreads).
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
ellenoc
Author

Terisa - Thank you so much. I've joined Goodreads but need to get busy and explore over there.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #10
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Ellen,

All 3 members of the family have read Rottweiller Recue, We all love it, It's certainly our Number 1 Dog Tale, We'd reccomend it to everyone and anyone, but especially to Dog Lovers the world over!

Now we just await the Film of the Book, seriously we think maybe one day

for such a thouroughly entertaining read,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #11
ellenoc
Author

No one else in the world would be excited about this (or have reason to be), but I am - The Rottweiler Magazine has agreed to publish a review of "Rottweiler Rescue." A review copy of the paperback is now in the mail. Admittedly I'm not having luck with the other national Rottweiler magazine; they only want to do an ad type thing. But, hey, one out of two isn't so bad, right? Now I just need addresses for Dog World and Dog Fancy.

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...5712376&sr=1-1

Old 06-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #12
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenoc View Post
No one else in the world would be excited about this (or have reason to be), but I am - The Rottweiler Magazine has agreed to publish a review of "Rottweiler Rescue." A review copy of the paperback is now in the mail. Admittedly I'm not having luck with the other national Rottweiler magazine; they only want to do an ad type thing. But, hey, one out of two isn't so bad, right? Now I just need addresses for Dog World and Dog Fancy.

http://www.amazon.com/Rottweiler-Res...5712376&sr=1-1

CONGRATULATIONS

Ellen, Hope they like it as much as our entire family did, It is our all time favorite Dog Book, and will no doubt read it many many times over the years,

Best Wishes (Especially from Delta the Dog )
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
ellenoc
Author

While I know MR people are into ebooks, you're also a supportive bunch, and I can't help but share - Rottweiler Rescue is also available as a paperback, and I put a PayPal button where people can buy a signed copy on my website. Wasn't sure anything would ever happen. This evening I got my first order for a signed copy! It worked!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Old 06-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #14
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenoc View Post
While I know MR people are into ebooks, you're also a supportive bunch, and I can't help but share - Rottweiler Rescue is also available as a paperback, and I put a PayPal button where people can buy a signed copy on my website. Wasn't sure anything would ever happen. This evening I got my first order for a signed copy! It worked!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

I've been toying with doing this for a while as well Ellen...You may have inspired me to have a go at a paperback version
NickSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
ellenoc
Author

Nick - If you mean you don't have a paperback available at all, the last post I did on my blog was about the pros and cons of putting one out. I've decided to go ahead and do one for all my books. May change my mind in the future if they don't all pay for themselves, but to my surprise, Rottweiler Rescue has sold 20-28 paperback copies on Amazon each month, so even though there's some cost to put a paperback out, unlike an ebook, for right now it seems to be worthwhile.

Tags
amateur sleuth, cozy mystery, dog mystery, female sleuths, women sleuths